South Park is BACK!!

homhom
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
New episodes begin tonight at 10/9 Central. I thought there was going to be a massive void in my life now that Curb Your Enthusiasm had its season finale, but here comes South Park.

Thank God for South Park!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 71
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

New episodes begin tonight at 10/9 Central. I thought there was going to be a massive void in my life now that Curb Your Enthusiasm had its season finale, but here comes South Park.

Thank God for South Park!

Thanks for the reminder! Almost forgot!
  • Reply 2 of 71
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    This is an unexpected delight.
  • Reply 3 of 71
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Yes! My Tivo is ready.
  • Reply 4 of 71
    Quote:

Originally posted by Outsider

Yes! My Tivo is ready.

Guinness in hand

Feet on table

Wait for it.....wait.......
  • Reply 5 of 71
    AWESOME

Actual tears.

Kickass.
  • Reply 6 of 71
    Titanium alloy my ass....
  • Reply 7 of 71
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    *HOW* many issues did they hit in one episode??

God bless Trey and Matt. We are in the presence of greatness.
  • Reply 8 of 71
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    man, a rare LOL moment.
  • Reply 9 of 71
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    Stupid Canadian cable! Guess I'll fire up BitTorrent...

Glad to have my favourite show back and kicking ass.
  • Reply 10 of 71
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

God bless Trey and Matt. We are in the presence of greatness.

Agreed 100%. I keep expecting them to **** up each new season, but they continue coming up with the goods.

Alongside Chappelle's Show much the only thing I look forward to on television.
  • Reply 11 of 71
    scottibscottib Posts: 381member
    Great episode. When I was a kid, one of my friends broke his arm while we were at an abandoned building that we weren't allowed to go to. We all went through the same rationalizations as The Four Samurai in trying to hide it from our parents.

God, that episode brought back memories.
  • Reply 12 of 71
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Ok, I'm going to bump this because last night's episode was perhaps that funniest 24 minutes of television ever. Episode 804 "The Passion Of The Jew" will go down in tv history. I really didn't think anything could be more shocking than "Here Comes The Neighborhood", but I was so wrong. Cartman becomes a Nazi and not just a "nazi" like the term gets thrown around, but a real ****ing Nazi.

Once again Trey and Matt (mostly Trey) prove that they are the best writers on tv. Comedy Central gets huge brownie points for putting something like this on the air. I really am in shock that it got past the censors as it did.
  • Reply 13 of 71
    AIII DAMMIT I missed it! (I didn't read your post though, so not spoiled )

Damn and I thought the anime one was the funniest thing evar. (Ok that and the condom episode)

Gotta check TV guide now.....
  • Reply 14 of 71
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

AIII DAMMIT I missed it! (I didn't read your post though, so not spoiled )

Damn and I thought the anime one was the funniest thing evar. (Ok that and the condom episode)

Gotta check TV guide now.....

TiVo baby!
  • Reply 15 of 71
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Barbara Streisand, you've been bumped from Most Hated Celebrity status on South Park.

Congratulations, Mr. Gibson. May you wear your crown (of thorns) well.

*applause*
  • Reply 16 of 71
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    Qaplaaaaa'!!

I hope Mel sees this episode.
  • Reply 17 of 71
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    "God I hope you don't torture my tender hard nipples!"
  • Reply 18 of 71
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

Ok, I'm going to bump this because last night's episode was perhaps that funniest 24 minutes of television ever. Episode 804 "The Passion Of The Jew" will go down in tv history. I really didn't think anything could be more shocking than "Here Comes The Neighborhood", but I was so wrong. Cartman becomes a Nazi and not just a "nazi" like the term gets thrown around, but a real ****ing Nazi.

Once again Trey and Matt (mostly Trey) prove that they are the best writers on tv. Comedy Central gets huge brownie points for putting something like this on the air. I really am in shock that it got past the censors as it did.

You see, since Comedy Central can't be received through airwaves, it isn't subject to the stringest rules the FCC provides the 4 basic food groups, ABC, CBS, NBC & FOX.

Everything on cable has a different standard to uphold.

You know if Janet had shown her boob on any network other than the 4 listed above, there might've been a reaction, but the FCC wouldn't have been able to step in like they did.

Kinda weird, USA, home of the "freedom of expression" double standard.
  • Reply 19 of 71
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    the passion episode was awful. and trust me, its NOT b/c i care at all about the passion--it's that mel gibson's character was so over the top and stupid it wasnt even funny. south park is one of my favorite shows, and i was a little dissppointed by it last night. also of note, only about 2 minutes of chappelles show was worth watching. it was just a bad week (minus the daily show) for comedy central.
  • Reply 20 of 71
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Daver

Qaplaaaaa'!!

I hope Mel sees this episode.

Anyone know if he has? Has there been a press release or something with his reaction? If I were him, I'd be zoo-pissed. Attacking a person's beliefs and work is one thing, but like an above poster mentioned, he took more personal flak last night than mistress of evil Babs has the entire series run.