Bizarro Expose glitch I am experiencing.

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Firstly, let me just say that I have taken a screen shot of the bizarro glitch I am experiencing, but haven't been able to figure out how to attach it to this post... so if anyone knows how, let me know and I will produce the evidence.

Onto the problem...

Occasionally when I go into Expose, it shrinks all the windows, when you run your cursor over each window, it comes up with the name of each window... which is normal. But when I select a window, it leaves the little name of the window in the middle of the screen. I can't click on it. I can't do anything to get rid of it.... it just sits there in the middle of my screen. Eventually it just goes away.

Does this happen to anyone else? Remember, I have a screen shot as evidence!!!!!!!

Les.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    dont know about how to fix the glitch, but if you email the the image, i can host it for you and then provide a link. my email is [email protected]
  • Reply 2 of 6
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    It happends when you exposé too fast, it seems. Here, at least, everything needed to do to get rid of it is to exposé again.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    ya it happens to all of us every once in a while. if it happens just tap some expose keys and see if it clears it out.

-ipod
  • Reply 4 of 6
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    How do you take screenshots in a bitmap format (ie not PDF) ?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    Thanks for the offer Thunderpoit, but no need since others have had the problem and have suggested ays to get rid of it.

Thanks again.

les.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stoo

How do you take screenshots in a bitmap format (ie not PDF) ?

At the risk of being scolded for giving incomplete data...

Command-shift-4 gives you a crosshair.

Click and drag to select the desired portion of the screen to grab.

Hold control key before mousing up and it will place the image on the clipboard when you mouseup (and not JPEG the hell of it either).

(Hitting space grabs only whatever window you mouseover.)

No file is saved.

Or:

Command-control-shift-3 takes a full screen grab and puts it only on the clipboard. No file is saved.

Up to you to put it into a graphics program to save as a file, though.

As always you can hit escape to cancel the grab.

Others will now chime in with Snapz Pro X recommendations blah blah blah...as usual. You asked a simple question, I gave a simple answer