.Mac Users?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by crazychester

Mystical? I've only ever assumed The Weight had one meaning but maybe that's just my dirty mind! I'll have to look at it more closely.

Nah I got no idea what 4% Pantomime is about either. I've always assumed it had some political overtones. Richard - Nixon? Belfast cowboy - did Nixon have Irish heritage? Not sure even if historically the song dates to the time of his presidency. It's something I keep meaning to look into one day to see if an explanation is given anywhere.

One day.

mystical may be the wrong word, religious overtones, pulling into nazareth, half past dead, images of joseph & mary, no room at the inn? i've since heard that the city of nazareth was chosen because martin guitars had a factory there. (pennsylvania)

as to 4% pantomime richard and belfast cowboy, well they are just referring to each other by their names richard being richard manuel, and belfast cowboy is van morrison's nickname, and the term 4% pantomime is referring to a picture on a johnny walker bottle.

(back on topic.....sorry)

as for .mac i've had an account since the beginning and now that i have two computers i find it especially helpful transferring files with my iDisc.

i have two sites on it and am probably going to buy more space soon.

i'd probably pay more than 99 for it, truth be told, but keep it under your hat.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    how necessary do you guys think it'll be for Apple to increase the standard email storage space, once Google opens up gmail, with it's 1GB of free space, to the public. Spymac is already offering 1GB to it's free registrants.

the only reason i wouldn't drop .Mac right away is for it's IMAP capabilities. Spymac has said they'll be offering IMAP access (presumably to their free accounts) soon. i'm beginning to regret having all those business cards printed with my .Mac address..

the least Apple could do would be to merge the 100 MB iDisk space with the mail space.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

as to 4% pantomime richard and belfast cowboy, well they are just referring to each other by their names richard being richard manuel, and belfast cowboy is van morrison's nickname, and the term 4% pantomime is referring to a picture on a johnny walker bottle.

Ah brilliant. Of course. Actually, I was on a fishing expedition when dragging the thread OT. I figured somebody might know something. And the whole time you understood it better than you let on. Right so a lot of other stuff makes sense now. I'll have to have another think about it from this perspective.

Token reference to topic: So to summarize BDONN, the general consensus is .Mac's pretty neat albeit a little on the pricey side. But when did that ever deter a Mac user!