Comments

• Reply 21 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

No it's not.

Was I asking you? Nope.

Quote:

Originally posted by TrunksGoku

My DVD burner is stealthed behind the faceplate I just push the plate to open it

Neat.

Just wondering... how loud is it? I have heard that they sound like a mini-vac.
  • Reply 22 of 39
    ensign pulverensign pulver Posts: 1,193member
    Quote:

Originally posted by \\/\\/ickes

Was I asking you? Nope.

You weren't "asking" anyone. You flat out said it had no CD drive when it obviously did. Excuse the hell out of me.
  • Reply 23 of 39
    Quote:

You weren't "asking" anyone. You flat out said it had no CD drive when it obviously did. Excuse the hell out of me.

Excused.
  • Reply 24 of 39
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    It's one of the best non-Apple PCs I've seen. Having said that, its details are nothing special. No one else seems to pay attention to the details of these designs. Now that I own Apple products, I see it with every other gadget I buy -- printers, scanners, cameras, microwaves, TVs, stereos, cars, lamps, doorbells, shampoo bottles -- nothing comes close to the fit, finish and subtle but critical benefits Apple adds to their hardware and UI.
  • Reply 25 of 39
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    i could use something like that to run a computer for my dogs i suppose... no matter how good it looks, it runs windows. well, nothing really runs windows, cause windows is a piece of crap and crashes anything that touches it, but you know what i mean.
  • Reply 26 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

i could use something like that to run a computer for my dogs i suppose... no matter how good it looks, it runs windows. well, nothing really runs windows, cause windows is a piece of crap and crashes anything that touches it, but you know what i mean.

You could put Linux on it!

Quote:

I was asking if he used CDs because his shuttle appears to have no CD drive... it was not obvious from the pictures. That was all.

BTW, sorry for the comment, I have been having a shitty day and you did not deserve snap-back like that. And by shitty day I mean cleaning up my bathroom after my grandmother clogged and overflowed the toilet... let me tell you, the white tiles on the floor were not white.
  • Reply 27 of 39
    Wow, that is a "shitty" day. Apology accepted.
  • Reply 28 of 39
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

I've got a Shuttle XPC running on my Cinema Display

They pack a lot of power for such a small box, and seriously they are the best looking PC if you had to buy a PC and make one on your own in the market.

I have a Radeon 9800Pro, AMD 2400+, 120gig HD, and 1gig of ram; all running from a small box.

I use it for gaming.

What are u running as the shell, and is it a windows shell or a linux shell, do tell, I would actualy PAY for that skin
  • Reply 29 of 39
    EDIT: I'm dumb... don't mind me.
  • Reply 30 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by \\/\\/ickes

Neat.

Just wondering... how loud is it? I have heard that they sound like a mini-vac.

not loud at all

pretty quiet..i replaced the fans with some nice quiet fans...the only fan I hear is the Vid card fan

but other then that its pretty quiet

temp ranges from 38c-45c
  • Reply 31 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

What are u running as the shell, and is it a windows shell or a linux shell, do tell, I would actualy PAY for that skin

I'm just running a theme that you could easily find at http://aquaxp.com/ or http://www.aqua-soft.org/ check the forums..under visual styles

as for the dock I'm using objectdock

I'm also using modified system files with high res icons hereyou may have to register)

http://aquaxp.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3880

I do have a mac now though you can't see it in the pics

I just can't stand the way windows looks
  • Reply 32 of 39
    TrunksGoku,

That must take up resources like a bitch...

Makeing windows look different is neat... I was into hacking-themes once (when I used Windows) but with the OS I now use it is standard to theme your desktop, no hacking about required. The only thing I don't like is when people make Windows look like OSX, as I stated in an earlier post.

I find that there is a talent for making good themes/skins... some have it, most don't. 90% of the time I spend looking at different themes/skins is spent sifting through the junk.
  • Reply 33 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by Crusader

Meh. It's still a PC, and it has those weird green and pink colors for the audio ports. It's nice to see someone actually trying to bring some ascetic improvement to those poor shmoes on the PC side of the world.

I don't think ascetics even have computers!

Thanks for the chuckle. One of the funnier misspellings I've seen in a while. And of course, spellcheck looks over it.

One of the questions on my Music History test this week:

"... What was the Council of Trent? When did tit meet? ..."
  • Reply 34 of 39
    mlnjrmlnjr Posts: 230member
    <nitpick>

Not a misspelling, since the word is obviously spelled correctly. It's actually a malapropism.

</nitpick>
  • Reply 35 of 39
    madmax559madmax559 Posts: 596member
    Quote:

not loud at all

pretty quiet..i replaced the fans with some nice quiet fans...the only fan I hear is the Vid card fan

but other then that its pretty quiet

temp ranges from 38c-45c

for the gfx card if its not onboard then

goto www.endpcnoise.com & get the passive heatsink for

the card & slap it on & you wont need a fan for the vid card

did you replace the fans on the psu too ?

if so what kind ? panaflo's ?
  • Reply 36 of 39
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

I'm just running a theme that you could easily find at http://aquaxp.com/ or http://www.aqua-soft.org/ check the forums..under visual styles

as for the dock I'm using objectdock

I'm also using modified system files with high res icons hereyou may have to register)

http://aquaxp.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3880

I do have a mac now though you can't see it in the pics

I just can't stand the way windows looks

What app did you use to do that with the taskbar, I love the mac pulldown menu bar at the top, it looks cleaner, the rest I can do but that has alluded me.
  • Reply 37 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by madmax559

for the gfx card if its not onboard then

goto www.endpcnoise.com & get the passive heatsink for

the card & slap it on & you wont need a fan for the vid card

did you replace the fans on the psu too ?

if so what kind ? panaflo's ?

those heatsinks wont fit in a shuttle system without cutting out the side of my case, and I kinda wanna keep the asthetics and looks of the box

I replaced my heatpipe fan with a coolermaster fan and the psu fan with a brushless fan that I got from radio shack. Even with the video card fan runnin It's pretty quiet.
  • Reply 38 of 39
    Quote:

What app did you use to do that with the taskbar, I love the mac pulldown menu bar at the top, it looks cleaner, the rest I can do but that has alluded me.

try objectbar

as for alll the themes and what not I'm running on the system it actually doesn't take up many resources at all I have a gig of ram on my system and when starting up ram usage only comes up to 128megs
  • Reply 39 of 39
    Quote:

Quote:

Originally posted by mlnjr

<nitpick>

Not a misspelling, since the word is obviously spelled correctly. It's actually a malapropism.

</nitpick>

Thought I'd reuse your post mlnjr, as it was necessary agian!