Possible Mac Genius position

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey all,

Got a call today from someone at Apple for a Mac Genius position in the Phoenix area and will be having my telephone interview Wednesday around noon.

Is anyone familiar with the technical questions that they may ask, what I should brush up on or any other good advice?

Much appreciated

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I think the telephone interview is more to confirm your resume and ask questions like "Are you an axe murderer and if not when did you stop?"
  • Reply 2 of 6
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

I think the telephone interview is more to confirm your resume and ask questions like "Are you an axe murderer and if not when did you stop?"

Yeah, don't worry about it too much. Just make us proud, if you fail, start yelling something about how "Santa told me this would happen" and than slam the phone on the ground and step on it till it breaks.

Good luck
  • Reply 3 of 6
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    Seems like you may have some competition. There is a guy on MacNN who is going for the same position!

I think his name is MacFan? Do you know him?

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...hreadid=208517
  • Reply 4 of 6
    mlnjrmlnjr Posts: 230member
    Good luck with the interview. I was interviewed last year for a sales position at the Apple Store that opened in the Short Pump Town Center. First step was a phone interview (actually, for me, two interviews) with an Apple recruiter. It was lengthy, but it wasn't difficult. If the Mac Genius telephone screenings are anything like the ones for the retail positions (and I assume they'd probably be more technical) then be prepared to answer questions about hypothetical real-world situations.

The recruiter recommended me for two different positions at the store, but when it came time for the interview with the managers who were hired for the store, I didn't end up getting the job. And those managers, at the time, had zero experience selling computers of any kind. One was formerly the manager of an Ann Taylor store, the other was formerly the manager of a Gap store.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    macfanmacfan Posts: 53member
    The other MacFan and I are one in the same. Looking for advice as quickly as I could find in as many places as I could.

Thanks for the tips!

I'll let you know what happens.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Be charming. Seriously. You're applying for a job that requires you to interact with customers. In your telephone interview, they're going to want to hear you sounding upbeat, positive, and of course charming. if you can make the person laugh, you're doing pretty good.