Getting rid of startup item

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hey all,

I have an HP officejet printer and I downloaded the drivers for it the other day. It ended up being a little utility that helps to print/scan/etc. While that is nice and all, I don't need it, I just wanted the driver for the printer and to make matters worse it automatically places itself in my dock whenever I restart. I looked in my startup items in the accounts pane and it is not in there, then I looked in /Library/StartUpItems and all I have is MySQL, PACESupport, and QMaster. I am unsure what PACESupport and QMaster are so if anyone can help me out there that would be appreciated.

Does anyone know how I can get the program to stop loading into the dock at startup? I was going to just start trashing all the HP files associated with it, but I am not sure what the driver would be so I haven't done that yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Open System Preferences.

Go to the Accounts preference pane.

Select Startup Items near the top.

Select the startup item you want to remove.

Click the minus button.

That should do it.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    If that does not work try this link

EDIT: I dont know where the added garbage came from in the link above, but all sorted, here and below.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    dcmac32dcmac32 Posts: 67member
    Yeah, I went to System Preferences - Accounts - Startup Items and it isn't in there but for some reason it still keeps launching on start up. Is there possibly another place that it is stored? Thanks.

Brian

Is this uncommon behavior? HP being sneaky? Or am I just maybe missing something really obvious?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    dcmac32dcmac32 Posts: 67member
    Worked like a charm. Thanks Luca.