Using iSync and .Mac Bookmarks

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I've just now started using iSync for my Address Book and Safari Bookmarks. Now I see why it's so damned cool! I have one question though. When you Sync with your address book, you can make the book on your Mac and the book .Mac mirror each other. Does the same work for Safari Bookmarks? Whenever I sync, it will upload the bookmarks onto .Mac but when I add bookmarks online, log out, and then sync, nothing gets added to Safari. Does it take longer or something?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    That's a good question. Anybody know this?

I would also like to know why iSync doesn't sync the bookmarks folder on your toolbar????? (This is where we keep our favorite bookmarks????)
  • Reply 2 of 5
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Apparently I don't know about adding bookmarks online. From what I understand, your bookmarks in Safari are synced with Safari on other machines. Are there bookmarks put on .Mac's site, too?

In my example, I have my main machine (PBook) at my house, but I often drop by my parents' for lunch. I run iSync on their machine and BOOM: A perfect clone of my bookmarks on their Safari.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Well, you can see your bookmarks at www.mac.com (log in)

to your left you have various choices, email, bookmarks, homepage etc.

but why I can't get at my favorite toolbar links is a mysterie to me.... I'm surprised nobody writes about this???

Brian Zebeaune
  • Reply 4 of 5
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Zab The Fab

Well, you can see your bookmarks at www.mac.com (log in)

to your left you have various choices, email, bookmarks, homepage etc.

but why I can't get at my favorite toolbar links is a mysterie to me.... I'm surprised nobody writes about this???

Brian Zebeaune

It works fine for me. Have you tried reseting your bookmarks? That seems to fix those odd problems.

BTW, you can go to bookmarks.mac.com to directly access your bookmarks. It's a handy feature that I use all the time.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Let me clearify.

When I go to www.mac.com and choose bookmarks, my favorite bookmarks on the toolbar does not show up on the list.

How does one reset the bookmarks?

Zebeaune

Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

It works fine for me. Have you tried reseting your bookmarks? That seems to fix those odd problems.

BTW, you can go to bookmarks.mac.com to directly access your bookmarks. It's a handy feature that I use all the time.