Shared Story

Comments

• Reply 21 of 89
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    they ate a cracker and began choking.
  • Reply 22 of 89
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    [back in sync]

..the lead llama, when from behind in the undergrowth a hoarse voice warned "there are too many dragons too appease with all your llamas". A tall, gray-headed old man appeared from the under growth and glanced nervously at the sky. He motioned to Hector and Oliver---quiclky, we must......
  • Reply 23 of 89
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    ...find another public restroom because this one has a picture of a llama eating a carrot in a suggestive manner scribbled on the wall!
  • Reply 24 of 89
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

[Damn. Someone interrupted me ...]

[My bad...hit 'Submit' too soon and went back to edit]
  • Reply 25 of 89
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

...find another public restroom because this one has a picture of a llama eating a carrot in a suggestive manner scribbled on the wall!

• Reply 26 of 89
    fangornfangorn Posts: 323member
    The smoke rose from his nostrils in slender tendrils, floating slowly and steadily into the greenwork, black snakes among the ever green, as the dragon slowly but surely moved forward from among the trees to face the intruders and reveal his unquenchable thirst and impenetrable armor; speaking in a low, rumbling voice as came into view, the dragon said,

[[Ha! Never said it had to be a _short_ line. ]
  • Reply 27 of 89
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    ...muttering to himself, "E pur si muove!"
  • Reply 28 of 89
    Which, roughly translated, means:
  • Reply 29 of 89
    ..."What the hell does that mean, Gal?" said the second dragon, following shortly behind. "Don't you know anything, Fred?" replied Gal, "It means...
  • Reply 30 of 89
    "Learn how to use Google, llama-breath!"
  • Reply 31 of 89
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Seeing an opportunity to escape, Hector and Oliver leapt onto their llamas and galloped off, hotly pursued by Fred and Gal. Rounding a bend, they saw......

[I think that's what it means (ie. yet it moves). Galileo wasn't it? I say chaps, you're doing rather well so far all things considered.]

[Oh bugger I think I just got screwed by shetline]

Fixed! Via the miracle of the edit. Gotta be quick.....
  • Reply 32 of 89
    Shetline streches luxuriantly amid the satin sheets, thinking he'd be having a smoke now -- if he smoked. "You know, Crazy, I love those little llama noises you make when we...
  • Reply 33 of 89
    ...eat llama." "What" retorted Crazy, "Are you saying I make noises when we...
  • Reply 34 of 89
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

...eat llama." "What" retorted Crazy, "Are you saying I make noises when we...

"...discuss the finer points of astronomy." Just then, Hector and Oliver burst into the room. "Please help us," cried Oliver, "we're being pursued by dragons." shetline leapt from the bed and grabbed....

[of all the days my connection decides to work at glacial speed, this would be the day]
  • Reply 35 of 89
    ...his utili-kilt, which was hanging haphazardly from the ceiling fan. "Dragons, my...
  • Reply 36 of 89
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

...his utili-kilt, which was hanging haphazardly from the ceiling fan. "Dragons, my...

"....magic sporran will stop them!" Donning his utilikilt, shetline reached into his sporran and pulled out a.......
  • Reply 37 of 89
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Quote:

Originally posted by crazychester

"....magic sporran will stop them!" Donning his utilikilt, shetline reached into his sporran and pulled out a.......

...magic murbot. A "murbot", in those days, was a specialized device for killing dragons. Since it worked magically, no one really understood the full potential of its powers. Various dragons had been slain throughout the kingdom; but those were youthful, inexperienced reptiles. Nothing like the snorting, thrashing beasts that pursued...
  • Reply 38 of 89
    . . . Oliver, Hector, and now the unfortunate Shetline; Shetline took aim and fire, but alas, the murbot malfunctioned, having used all of its power in the last encounter and not being recharged in the meantime. In a flash, the guys jumped out the nearest window, back into the dense forest where once again they ran into (literally) the old man of the forest who had been toddling behind trying to warn the hapless Oliver and Hector about the dragons before they could drag poor Shetline into this rather convoluted story line, but alas he had failed and so began to mutter to the dazed and angry trio, who wanted to know what had become of the darn llamas, who the old man was, what the darn dragons wanted, and the meaning of life, and so the trio . . ..

[[technically, it's only two lines. I finished the previous and only wrote one of my own. ]
  • Reply 39 of 89
    [Interlude by Thread Queen Chester (not part of the story).

OK for an added challenge something or someone must be eaten alive by the end of this page, as many lose ends as possible tied up and the story ended. If you force it, no cigar! I will be awarding prizes to the best players when it's over.

Now where were we.....]

Quote:

Originally posted by Fangorn

. . . Oliver, Hector, and now the unfortunate Shetline; Shetline took aim and fire, but alas, the murbot malfunctioned, having used all of its power in the last encounter and not being recharged in the meantime. In a flash, the guys jumped out the nearest window, back into the dense forest where once again they ran into (literally) the old man of the forest who had been toddling behind trying to warn the hapless Oliver and Hector about the dragons before they could drag poor Shetline into this rather convoluted story line, but alas he had failed and so began to mutter to the dazed and angry trio, who wanted to know what had become of the darn llamas, who the old man was, what the darn dragons wanted, and the meaning of life, and so the trio . . ..

• Reply 40 of 89
    ....retrived the llamas with shiteline's llama-friendly telekinetic powers. After a brief search, our band of adventures found a dragon rookery and proceeded contruct the pre-fabed hunting blind and patented dragon-dagger ground based SAM weapons system when suddenly....