Command and Conquer Generals

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm stoked. OK everyone let's get our game on, anyone here play?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    I will be when the finial is released, That was about the most worthless demo I have ever downloaded.

I dunno how well my computer is going to run over the internet though \ I guess I am really starting to need a new machine.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Ok, I'm game....
  • Reply 3 of 10
    gh0zttgh0ztt Posts: 42member
    Generals is awesome. I'm wondering when they will release the Zero Hour add-on though. Zero Hour makes the PC version 100% better and it's kind of hard to play online now without it.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    It would be nice if there was Mac to PC networking but I think there will be enough Mac users getting this game that shouldnt be to hard to find some one online to play with.

Apparently Mac to PC network play is what kept delaying the release of Generals for the Mac to. \
  • Reply 5 of 10
    yay, just played it on my friends computer, can't wait for it to come out!
  • Reply 6 of 10
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    I thought they were bundling zero hour with it. What a rip if they aren't and it's almost pointless if it can't play PCs online.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    meecesmeeces Posts: 160member
    And pay attention to the hardware requirements. IMG previewed it and the guy said it ran slow on a 1.25 powerbook. I soooooo want to buy this, remember what a blast the first one on my original iMac was. (Thinking about keeping that computer just to play that-with all the downloadable custom levels on the internet) Anyone out there who plays it on a G4 similar to the 1.3 powerbook post and let us know how it runs!
  • Reply 8 of 10
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    mac game companies need to realize that their games are worthless if you can't play online against others. (unless it's truly a single person game)

i own both platforms, whenever a game has a Mac or PC version, i buy the Mac one as long as i can still go online and play with my friends. if i'm stuck playing against other Mac users, i'm screwed.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    matt ftmatt ft Posts: 87member
    Well, I tried it on my G4 800 ibook, and while it was a little jumpy, it was playable on the lowet settings....
  • Reply 10 of 10
    boemaneboemane Posts: 311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Meeces

And pay attention to the hardware requirements. IMG previewed it and the guy said it ran slow on a 1.25 powerbook. I soooooo want to buy this, remember what a blast the first one on my original iMac was. (Thinking about keeping that computer just to play that-with all the downloadable custom levels on the internet) Anyone out there who plays it on a G4 similar to the 1.3 powerbook post and let us know how it runs!

I tried it on my 15" 1.25 GHz PowerBook. It ran pretty good. I ran it at high resolution and at the setting the demo came with (didn't change anything). I thought the game ran fine, and it didn't seem jumpy of notchy at all, during the three demo levels.

So I like it. Probably going to get it once it gets released here in Australia. Which might take a few months, if everything goes as slow as it use to...

Looks like a fun and decent game, and my kind of game!

BTW: I didnt think the graphics were that much better than WCIII, but its a lot more demanding!! I find that a bit weird...

.:BoeManE:.