Tablet Review: Why Not?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    i need a keyboard because i can hardly read my own handwriting.

sketching on a wacom sucks imo. it's good for editing and colouring though.

if i want to sketch or draw something i get myself a seat, a nice piece of 120 gr/m2 paper and a pencil and a good firm underground. ready.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    how about a "flippable" 9-10inch iBook Mini.

10inch is hardly Newtonesque in size, but its big enough to type in normal Laptop mode, then, flip over screen when needed and scribble on it...
  • Reply 23 of 24
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    I think the iBook Mini is the best approach, too. That way people who want their keyboard can have it. I'd like the keyboard to be removable; it could have a little cord so you could separate the two parts, or you could snap the keyboard on top and it would form a closed case. No optical drive, just a small laptop.

Small laptops have been popular in Japan for years, but for some reason nobody sells them in the US.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Me

I missed that market survey. Would you mind posting a link?

Oh.. So sorry. I meant old school Mac users pre iMac. Back when the majority of our user base had talent.

Quote:

Huh? How so? Wacom's Cintiq display is very good.

That thing is sh*t! The next generation might be OK, but they f**ked this one up.

Cursers lag behind if you move your pen fast, it's clunky + the resolution is Bad. It's not that good yet. It still needs some improvements.

Quote:

Apps that would be GREAT for tablet use:

o Web Surfing / Safari

o Music Playing / iTunes

o Video Playing / Quicktime / DVD Player

o Photo Viewing / iPhoto

o Calendar Viewing / iCal

o Address Book Viewing / Address Book

o E-Mail Reading / Mail

(tons of others I'm sure)

Apps that would be OKAY for tablet use:

o Calendar Maintenance / iCal

o Address Book Maintenance / Address Book

o E-Mail Responding / Mail

Ok, but what tablet use is great for are Applications like Painter, Photoshop, ZBrush, Alias Sketchbook Pro, any music making App, and the list goes on.

All the stuff you listed would still work on a tablet, and I guess would be fine, and fun, but I don't think it's improving on anything functional with those apps. It would be real cool as a remote to your Mac device to use in your home. It could also be a household device which would be neat. But the real potential sales are from artists.

But once the creative get a hold of them everybody is going to want one anyway. I see big sales.