Big Brother's newest weapon

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The GPS sniper rifle

Quote:

The ID SNIPERTM rifle designed by EMPIRE NORTH

What is the ID SNIPERTM rifle?

It is used to implant a GPS-microchip in the body of a human being, using a high powered sniper rifle as the long distance injector. The microchip will enter the body and stay there, causing no internal damage, and only a very small amount of physical pain to the target. It will feel like a mosquito-bite lasting a fraction of a second. At the same time a digital camcorder with a zoom-lense fitted within the scope will take a high-resolution picture of the target. This picture will be stored on a memory card for later image-analysis.

Why use the ID SNIPERTM rifle?

As the urban battlefield grows more complex and intense, new ways of managing and controlling crowds are needed. The attention of the media changes the rules of the game. Sometimes it is difficult to engage the enemy in the streets without causing damage to the all important image of the state. Instead EMPIRE NORTH suggests to mark and identify a suspicious subject on a safe distance, enabeling the national law enforcement agency to keep track on the target through a satellite in the weeks to come.

The ID SNIPERTM rifle was presented by Empire North in Beijing at the China Police 2002 exhibition.

It looks snazzy, for sure, http://www.backfire.dk/EMPIRENORTH/n..._product01.jpg but it has nothing on this gizmo, also made by Empire North

I want

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    oh dear god
  • Reply 2 of 15
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I hope we're using that in Iraq and Afghanistan.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    It's a hoax.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    The product site is here

MoH
  • Reply 5 of 15
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Hoax. Do a little research.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    I did.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    vargasvargas Posts: 426member
    The company is listed as an international exhibitor here

http://www.cpexhibition.com/police/listing/plclist.htm
  • Reply 8 of 15
    See? It's real.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    n2nrnn2nrn Posts: 20member
    Is it my imagination.....no actually it's not, that JUJU ad is racist.

I don't suppose there is much of a market for the brothers turning in some radical Swedes.

And the bullshit perpetuates itself. I'm going to bed.

n2nrn
  • Reply 10 of 15
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
  • Reply 11 of 15
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    The site's Danish, not Swedish... but everybody knows it's the Swiss you've got to watch out for.

Them and the Amish... the quiet reserved ones that 'always seemed so nice'.

I thought it was from the Onion, for a second... too satirical to be taken seriously.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    I'm not sure if anyone in this thread thinks this thing is real, or if there's just a lot of mutual leg-pulling going on here.

At any rate, I sincerely doubt that it's real. The projectile would have to be small enough to cause no visible skin damage when shot into a person at high speed. That would mean it would have to be very tiny indeed. Part of that very tiny projectile would have to be a strong casing to protect the delicate circuitry inside -- leaving how much room left over on the inside for circuitry?

I simply don't believe we have flea-sized circuitry for complete GPS systems yet -- GPS systems with both receivers (to pick up GPS signals) and transmitters (to send out tracking info). And that's not even considering how you'd fit a power supply into this thing with enough juice to power the system for more than a few seconds.

Even fitting something like this into the size of a large bullet would be an enormous challenge -- although if you did manage such a feat, you might have the advantage of making your target easy to track since he or she would likely cease moving after the tracking device hit.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

The site's Danish, not Swedish... but everybody knows it's the Swiss you've got to watch out for.

Them and the Amish... the quiet reserved ones that 'always seemed so nice'.

I thought it was from the Onion, for a second... too satirical to be taken seriously.

I thought it was the Mennonites. The Amish huh?
  • Reply 14 of 15
    vargasvargas Posts: 426member
    I think the general concensus now is that it's not real, as such

But the guy evidently managed to convince the Chinese police
  • Reply 15 of 15
    n2nrnn2nrn Posts: 20member
    ...and me. I'm going to bed again and staying there.

n2nrn