1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 89
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by crazychester

Vargas, piss off.

You're giving me the shits.

Here ya go, bud... It's really going around in threads like this...

• Reply 82 of 89
    fangornfangorn Posts: 323member
    Quote:

Well it wasn't quite the frenzied burst of cannibalism I was looking forward to but here, in accordance with The Ten Commandments of Theatresports, are your prizes. There are both prizes and anti- prizes; brickbats and bouquets.

1. The "Thou shalt not block" award goes to trailmaster308 for his "died" post. Trailmaster you win the right to be dragged outside by everybody else and beaten to a pulp.

2. The "Thou shalt always retain focus" award goes to Fangorn for valiant efforts to keep the story on track. You win an all expenses paid trip to Tahiti for the whole family (don't get too excited....yet).

3. The "Thou shalt not shine above thy team-mates" award obviously goes to BR. You win a copy of Windows ME and a large ball of string (I know which I'd find more useful). Enjoy!

4. The "To gag is to commit a sin that will be paid for" award. This one's all yours shetline. You win a pair of Manties to wear under your kilt and this spam text

5. The "Thou shalt always be changed by what is said to you" award goes to Nebulous for the Broadway singing creoles. You win the original cast recordings of The Sound of Music and Oklahoma!

6. The "Thou shalt not waffle" award.....sorry Carol. But look chipper 'cause you win a blow-up murbot doll (with hand grips!)

7. The "When in doubt, break the routine" award. Sergo this ones all yours for the brilliant reinterpretation of trailmasters "died" as "dyed". Theatresports players around the world would be happy to have you on their team with clever twists like that (it was also a great save). You win a return trip to Tehran and a night out with the bhurkered woman of your choice.

8. The "To wimp is to show thy true self" award goes to Fangorn again for wimping when shetline got smart with the e pur si muove thing. Sorry but I have to take back the trip to Tahiti.

9. The "He that tries to be clever, is not; while he that is clever, doesn't try" award goes to BR again. You win another copy of Windows ME and another ball of string!

Finally, dmz and Hassan. I have only this for you. The Tenth (but most important) Commandment. It is the guiding principle by which Theatresports players approach the game and it could almost have been written with Mac users in mind:

10. When thy faith is low, thy spirit weak, thy good fortune strained, and thy team losing, be comforted and smile, because it just doesn't matter!

I am working on new rules to deal with the BR's.

Next time we'll play Rhyming Couplets.

Okay, so I don't know Latin but I also know I'm not that witty. I didn't consider it wimping out--just nudging the wittier in the right direction.

But you know, when BR had to jump in a second time and drag the thread down in flames, that's when I "wimped out." I get better behavior out of my 3 year old.

Thanks for the Tahiti trip, don't care if you took it back. Trips with four youngun's just ain't that much fun.
  • Reply 83 of 89
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fangorn

Okay, so I don't know Latin but I also know I'm not that witty. I didn't consider it wimping out--just nudging the wittier in the right direction.

But you know, when BR had to jump in a second time and drag the thread down in flames, that's when I "wimped out." I get better behavior out of my 3 year old.

Thanks for the Tahiti trip, don't care if you took it back. Trips with four youngun's just ain't that much fun.

Ah well see it doesn't matter if you don't know Latin.

This game is about accepting and extending offers (the opposite of blocking). You accepted the offer ("e pur si muove") with "which roughly translated means".

In order, to extend the offer, it can mean whatever you damn well like. That's part of the beauty of the game. Anything is possible. eg. "which roughly translated means: I've forgotten where I put my car keys" or "mmm humans and llamas, mixed grill!" or "I need a drink" or whatever.

It's actually much harder to do than it seems even in this environment and keeping in mind it's really meant to be played as an improvisation by 4 players, with a 2 minute time limit, no preparation time, and in front of an audience (pressure! pressure!).

I had to take the Tahiti trip back because it's not real (I'm sure sergovius will cope with the sad fact he's not really off to Tehran). But if I could make it real, I would, and it would come with a nanny (or two) to help with the ankle biters.

Actually, you're comparison of BR to your 3 year old has just made me realise that AO is a lot like AI's childcare centre.

Sorry Vargas....a bit (not really)........(fingers crossed behind my back).....oh OK sorry.
  • Reply 84 of 89
    I can't believe I've finally sunk this low, but what the hell.

Quote:

Finally, dmz and Hassan. I have only this for you. The Tenth (but most important) Commandment. It is the guiding principle by which Theatresports players approach the game and it could almost have been written with Mac users in mind:

10. When thy faith is low, thy spirit weak, thy good fortune strained, and thy team losing, be comforted and smile, because it just doesn't matter!

Eh? I didn't argue with no-one! I didn't write a single cross word! I didn't take the bait!
  • Reply 85 of 89
    vargasvargas Posts: 426member
    I did the Iggy!
  • Reply 86 of 89
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

I can't believe I've finally sunk this low, but what the hell.

Eh? I didn't argue with no-one! I didn't write a single cross word! I didn't take the bait!

I'd reply Hassan but as you can see at some point this thread became a haven for little boys with dicks for brains. So I'll just say I wasn't implying you got cross and leave it at that.
  • Reply 87 of 89
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

I'd reply Hassan but as you can see at some point this thread became a haven for little boys with dicks for brains. So I'll just say I wasn't implying you got cross and leave it at that.

If I were Hassan, it's being lumped with dmz that would be the problem. That's gotta sting.
  • Reply 88 of 89
    fangornfangorn Posts: 323member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

If I were Hassan, it's being lumped with dmz that would be the problem. That's gotta sting.

Why? They had set aside their personal grievances and were "playing nice together." That I find commendable. Unlike other people who "contributed" to this thread.

I would love to see another thread like this, but I fear it would end up the same way.