No Photoshop CS EDU in Australia?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
How come there is no EDU version of Photoshop in Australia? Here's the price comparison list between the normal price and the EDU price (from www.apple.com.au/edustore).

Illustrator (normal) = A$939

Illustrator (EDU) = A$169

InDesign (normal) = A$1345

InDesign (EDU) = A$249

GoLive (normal) = A$751

GoLive (EDU) = A$140

Photoshop (normal) = A$1150

Photoshop (EDU) = N/A

It looks like the EDU price is somewhere around 18% of the full price for three of the Adobe products, hence I should expect the EDU price for Photoshop to be in the order of A$219 or so.

For the full suite, the EDU price is the same as the normal price. Why?

Adobe Creative Suite v1.1 - Standard A$1943

Adobe Creative Suites Premium v1.1 - Upgrade A$1621

Adobe Creative Suite v1.1 - Premium A$240700

I can afford (and be happy to pay) A$219 for an EDU version of Photoshop CS, but for a student to pay A$1150 for it is ridiculous! Photoshop Elements 2.0 that came with my camera just doesn't quite cut it

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Sorry, should have done my research first...

http://www.berlinwall.com.au/html/b_...otoshop+cs+edu

Still, how come it costs more than the other products' EDU prices (ie, not 18% of full commercial price)?

A$200 was ok, but I'll have to think really hard for A$500. *sigh*
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by drumsticks

I can afford (and be happy to pay) A$219 for an EDU version of Photoshop CS, but for a student to pay A$1150 for it is ridiculous! Photoshop Elements 2.0 that came with my camera just doesn't quite cut it

Dude, the CS Premium suite edu price in Australia is between $500 and $600, depending on where you are. Here's one example. Harris will also sell you the suite for around $550, or PS by itself for $450.

Photoshop edu has always been very expensive in Australia; so was Pagemaker edu.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Thanks heaps man! Great resource!

I couldn't find any information on Adobe's site, and assumed Apple's was updated. Now I know

I don't need the full suite, but the price difference is small (relatively)... Might need to save up a little now...

Thanks again!!!