Shares in Apple

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Is anyone at Ai a shareholder in Apple?

I am thinking of buying a oneshare in Apple from Oneshare.com... is anyone else a oneshare-holder? Are you treated like a normal shareholder, ie receiving Annual Reports and such?

Les.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    dr deepdr deep Posts: 63member
    Yes is the answer to your question Les T. I have one share myself and last year attended the anual stockholder meeting and claimed all travel expenes on tax. I say go for it you little capitalist and enjoy the thrill of your 12cents dividend each year.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    why would you buy ONE share ????

that's kinda like going to an ATM and withdrawing ONE dollar.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Edit: Shhh it's a secret
  • Reply 4 of 12
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    really.... i own 100 shares... because is rock.. ROXXOR
  • Reply 5 of 12
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    Yeah, I'm gonna do it. With my one share, I will shape that company into the Apple we all dream of. I will have Steve Jobs calling me at home and asking for advice.

One share, one vote.

Les.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dr Deep

Yes is the answer to your question Les T. I have one share myself and last year attended the anual stockholder meeting and claimed all travel expenes on tax. I say go for it you little capitalist and enjoy the thrill of your 12cents dividend each year.

with those kind of dividends, in 10 years, you would still be a little short for a short starbucks! inflation not withstanding! you may think i am crazy for holding this share and not selling high, but when I am enjoying my coffee, who will be laughing then
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Remember Les T that buy off shore shares is not the same as domestic. you have to take into accounts the differnt taxation laws that will apply to you being an australian owing 1 us share. you might end up paying 75% tax on your twelve cents. but i like your idea of shaping apple into the company iv'e dreamed of. would you like me pass your number onto steve next time i'm sipping a starbuck with him?
  • Reply 8 of 12
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    apple pays a dividend??? i have had 200 shares for like 3 years now... I haven't received a penny...
  • Reply 9 of 12
    I have 4900 stocks and some call options of 25$ (jan 2005) bought them in febr. at 2.15 But was also stock-owner in sept 2000
  • Reply 10 of 12
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    My dad owns quite a bit of Apple stock, and I'm sure I have some in a mutual fund somewhere...I should probably go check on that.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    I bought a bunch of shares in Jan 2001. They've been kicking butt for me lately. If I had bought MS in Jan 2001, I would have been down. Instead, I'm up about 100%.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    i, uh, don't have any apple shares, though i did tell my mom to buy some, like, right before the iMacs came out. she didn't though