Next iPod revision or other player?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have been wary of buying myself an iPod since where I live, iTMS is not available (and the official outlook is "before years end" which is too vague for my taste), the iPod mini is severely overpriced (like 30% more than in the US) and not available before July, and the bigPod is a wee bit large and heavy.

I am however lusting for a portable mp3-device. Does anyone know about any other player (1Gig or more) that works on a Mac? With iTunes?

Or have you heard about a possible timeframe and specs for future iPod revs?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    No, ipod is the only mp3 player that works for mac. Unless the new hp ipods will work for mac.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

Originally posted by quagmire

No, ipod is the only mp3 player that works for mac. Unless the new hp ipods will work for mac.

Um, that's not true at all. Apple has a list of compatible non-Apple MP3 players. But FUD is better than nothing right?

There are also devices like the Archos that support USB Mass Storage. They show up on the desktop and you can drag the file directly from the Finder to the device.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    My bad.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    you gotta go with an iPod.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

you gotta go with an iPod.

I second that.

Nothing beats an iPod.

Just wait for the new revisions if you really have to. You might not have to wait all that long.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    Quote:

Originally posted by quagmire

We'll add that to your stupid comments pile?although i do have a few you have your fair share

Quote:

Origionally posted bu HOM

Um, that's not true at all. Apple has a list of compatible non-Apple MP3 players. But FUD is better than nothing right?

There are also devices like the Archos that support USB Mass Storage. They show up on the desktop and you can drag the file directly from the Finder to the device.

to that i would say that the Nomad line/company is the best if u want alot of space?tried em' all and like those best but none of them beat the iPod

PS
  • Reply 7 of 9
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

Um, that's not true at all. Apple has a list of compatible non-Apple MP3 players.

Thanks HOM, it is very much appreciated
  • Reply 8 of 9
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    I should also add that perhaps the best and cheapest option in the short term is to get a MP3 CD player. Almost all portable CD players now support MP3 discs and iTunes can burn one directly from a playlist. No messing with drivers or anything like that. Just burn a disc with 11 hours of your tunes.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

I should also add that perhaps the best and cheapest option in the short term is to get a MP3 CD player. Almost all portable CD players now support MP3 discs and iTunes can burn one directly from a playlist. No messing with drivers or anything like that. Just burn a disc with 11 hours of your tunes.

hmmm, that one didn't even cross my mind good one ;-)

PS