& yet ANOTHER from the inside: re/Bush

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Woodward's book is based on his eye-witness acount from the inside: well guess what . . . Bush planned the war immediately after 911, actual planning for the war not just the long-held "Vision" about Democracy and dominoes that was really at play

and,

Bush also had a secret agreement with the Saudis that they would lower oil prices right before the election in order to boost the econnomy?!

Bush and the Saudis . . . who'da figured?!

There is so much shiit out about this guy . . and from sources 'on the inside' . . .it amazes me that we haven't impeached him!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Next target for character assasination: Bob Woodward
  • Reply 2 of 24
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

Next target for character assasination: Bob Woodward

Give the Bushies credit though. It's been 24-48 hrs. since this has come out and they haven't attempted to destroy the guy's character yet.

Shocking.
  • Reply 3 of 24
    president bush loves woodward.

well maybe not now, but isn't the book based on hours and hours of one on ones woodward had with president bush? i haven't had a chance to buy it yet.
  • Reply 4 of 24
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Is anyone really surprised by any of this?
  • Reply 5 of 24
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Woodward is going to be a lot harder to push aside than O'Neil and Clarke.
  • Reply 6 of 24
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

. . . Bush planned the war immediately after 911

I thought O'Neil said he had it planned as soon as he took office? Maybe the Woodward book is damage control of some sort? As for the Saudi connection, did BushCo raise the prices of OPEC oil as well? Maybe he should wait until after the election to have the price lowered?

??

(you are being a bad boy, pfflam)
  • Reply 7 of 24
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dmz

I thought O'Neil said he had it planned as soon as he took office? Maybe the Woodward book is damage control of some sort? As for the Saudi connection, did BushCo raise the prices of OPEC oil as well? Maybe he should wait until after the election to have the price lowered?

??

(you are being a bad boy, pfflam)

What better way to make sure that the lower prices make an impact . . .
  • Reply 8 of 24
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    I dunno, I think it would play in the futures markets, but I'm pretty sure that the price for October-November is more-or-less in the cards now, depending on the contracts that are in the works. Maybe someone could fill me in but I think you would have to lower the prices within a month or two to have that change show up by the elections.

I could be wrong (I've been wrong before.)
  • Reply 9 of 24
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    What's with the freakish picture CNN used? Can't you just see the marionette strings controlling him? It's screaming to have the Bush folks put Kerry as the puppeteer in a Flash Ad..

• Reply 10 of 24
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

What's with the freakish picture CNN used? Can't you just see the marionette strings controlling him? It's screaming to have the Bush folks put Kerry as the puppeteer in a Flash Ad..

Is that Ron Popeil? It looks like he's trying to shill the pocket fisherman...
  • Reply 11 of 24
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by faust9

Is that Ron Popeil? It looks like he's trying to shill the pocket fisherman...

Hey, good eye!

• Reply 12 of 24
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

Things like this keep giving me the uncomfortable feeling that CNN is shilling for Bush. Not so overtly as Fox, of course, but a bit of a pro-Bush bias nonetheless.

CNN's online story of Bush's recent, rare press conference, which even many Bush fans had a hard time praising, was linked with "Bush sounds confident note" and titled "Bush stands firm on Iraq, war on terror" -- take in account the text of the article too, and if this wasn't shilling, it was at best a very shallow response to the style of only the speech part of the event.
  • Reply 13 of 24
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Bush gives Woodward's book the seal of approval:

Quote:

Unlike the hostile treatment accorded recent tell-all tomes from former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill and counterterrorism adviser Richard Clark, Woodward's book received a generally positive reception at the White House. The president's campaign Web site even listed the book as "suggested reading," providing a direct link to order a copy from Amazon.com

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...ook/index.html
  • Reply 14 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by Akumulator

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...ook/index.html

It has to be a new tactic: pretend that the contents reflect positively on Bush and maybe the whole thing will go away.
  • Reply 15 of 24
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Quote:

It has to be a new tactic: pretend that the contents reflect positively on Bush and maybe the whole thing will go away.

Ron Popeil will never go away. He'll keep inventing and marketing ad infinitium.
  • Reply 16 of 24
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Quote:

Yeah, those were my thoughts as well. \
  • Reply 17 of 24
    x xx x Posts: 189member
    Quote:

Bush also had a secret agreement with the Saudis that they would lower oil prices right before the election in order to boost the econnomy?!

Bush also had an agreement with the Russians that they would supply oil to lower prices during the recession in order to boost the econnomy.

Why weren't you up in arms about that?

Regards!
  • Reply 18 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by X X

Bush also had an agreement with the Russians that they would supply oil to lower prices during the recession in order to boost the econnomy.

Why weren't you up in arms about that?

Regards!

Maybe this will help understand: THICK AS THIEVES
  • Reply 19 of 24
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Akumulator

But...on his own admission, he doesn't read. Does he make any decisions, or is he really the ventriloquist (Cheney)'s pet dummy?
  • Reply 20 of 24
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammi jo

But...on his own admission, he doesn't read. Does he make any decisions, or is he really the ventriloquist (Cheney)'s pet dummy?

(from the onion)

Cheney Wows Sept. 11 Commission

By Drinking Glass Of Water While Bush Speaks