chopper

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Has any one tried this game?

This has to be one of the best free games i've tried in a long time and brings back some old memories.

If you havent tried you can get it from here

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    dobbydobby Posts: 797member
    Is it the same as choplifter? Can't remember.

Dobby.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by dobby

Is it the same as choplifter? Can't remember.

Dobby.

Don't know about that, it's basically a side scroller with nice backdrops and weather. you have to rescue people on the ground while avoiding bazooker men and planes. You get bombs, issiles and a machine gun.

Not exactly UT but it beats tetris
  • Reply 3 of 15
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Oh man. Anyone remember the name of the game where you dropped a stick figure into a wagon of hay being pulled by progressively faster things. (horses, primarily). If you dropped the guy on the horse you killed both of them. Great fun. Wasn't that called Chopper or Choplifter, too?

Anyone know if there's an OS X port?

[Edit] Stunt Copter... that's what it was. It's on MacUpdate. Well, there goes my afternoon
  • Reply 4 of 15
    oldmacfanoldmacfan Posts: 501member
    Their was a game back in the late 1980's (college days), that I played on a Apple or a Mac (ok my memory is slipping alittle) that was similar, but it wasn't in color. Monocrome ruled those days.

I also found that game on a DOS port that I ran on a Tandy 1000 SX.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bauman

Oh man. Anyone remember the name of the game where you dropped a stick figure into a wagon of hay being pulled by progressively faster things. (horses, primarily). If you dropped the guy on the horse you killed both of them. Great fun. ? Stunt Copter... that's what it was. It's on MacUpdate. Well, there goes my afternoon

Yeah, I remember that. Uncounted hours were devoted to that game.

And Hellcat? oh man! That's one game I played a lot. A lot!
  • Reply 6 of 15
    This chopper game is great. It's been keeping me from doing school work all afternoon. And man, do I love stunt copter, what a great game. It's cool that it's been updated. Now if someone would just make an OS X native version of Cairo Shootout. That's my favorite game of all time. I have an old SE at home that I use for games like that. They're so much fun.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    It's an AWESOME game. I've been playing it everyday for months.

Its a great tension breaker game and the graphics/physics are just superb.

I'd love to see a 2-player version, and maybe different types of helicopters, etc.

I actually FINALLY got through the game on Hard last week. It ain't easy.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

It's an AWESOME game. I've been playing it everyday for months.

Its a great tension breaker game and the graphics/physics are just superb.

I'd love to see a 2-player version, and maybe different types of helicopters, etc.

I actually FINALLY got through the game on Hard last week. It ain't easy.

Your definately the chopper master, can't even get past level 9!

Having more helicopters would be excellent. Perhaps with different abilities and weapons. And maybe a bit more dodging fun kind of like how r-type used to be be going through caves and such like.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    i mailed the author with the following suggestions:

3 Choppers:

- A "little bird" model that is faster and more agile, but has a smaller caliber machine gun but at higher Rate of Fire. Also, can carry 1 rocket/bomb less when you pick them up as add-ons, and can carry only 4 hostages

- The current "Bell" chopper

- A "Blackhawk" that has slower firing, but bigger caliber guns, more weapons (missels and bombs), and can carry 8 hostages... obviously slower and clunkier

Maybe even a fourth "chinhook" or "Super Stallion" type chopper with nuclear weapons or something like that on board
  • Reply 10 of 15
    Nice one Zo.

it would be nice to see if the creator carries on with development of this game, maybe a 3D version.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    well... if you want 3D fighting... then just a wait a weeee bit longer for Battle Field 1942 (and the Vietnam expansion). Then you'll be going around with a ton of different choppers.

I just did a 10hour straight Death Matching session with college buddies this weekeend. Just playing BF1942 etc. That... was... awesome.

Hadnt done that in YEARS.

Its hands down the best game since Half Life IMO.

Keep chopper 2.5D... let BF do the "heavy lifting" stuff
  • Reply 12 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

well... if you want 3D fighting... then just a wait a weeee bit longer for Battle Field 1942 (and the Vietnam expansion). Then you'll be going around with a ton of different choppers.

I just did a 10hour straight Death Matching session with college buddies this weekeend. Just playing BF1942 etc. That... was... awesome.

Hadnt done that in YEARS.

Its hands down the best game since Half Life IMO.

Keep chopper 2.5D... let BF do the "heavy lifting" stuff

I'll check it out m8

I've just started getting into the x-plane demo, I can take off in a jumbo NP (Landing is a different story ) But trying to figure out in the 6 minutes it gives yer to get airborne in the helicopter without it tipping over is proving to be a challenge.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    oldmacfanoldmacfan Posts: 501member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cybermonkey

Has any one tried this game?

This has to be one of the best free games i've tried in a long time and brings back some old memories.

If you havent tried you can get it from here

Hi how are you, my shoulder friggin hurts from this game.

Thanks a lot my wife wants to divorce me after two days of this game.

• Reply 14 of 15

NP m8, Just think if you get a divorce you might finnish the game
  • Reply 15 of 15
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cybermonkey

Not exactly UT but it beats tetris

Heathen devil-boy! Fie on thee! Forgive him, oh Lord, for he knows not what he says.