My last ever insider post

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Sometimes they make you sign stuff they're serious about, and you have to grow up. So, buhbye factual gossip from this point on.

Next year, Sony Ericsson phones will iSync with iPhoto and iTunes. And QuickTime support will be beefed up.

From now on, my only contribution apart from informed speculation will be baiting dickhead neo-cons on Apple Outsider. Goodnight, and thank you.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    The iPhone lives!!!!

Thanks Harald. Any more juicy bits before you sign on the dotted line?
  • Reply 2 of 23
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    We will all miss you Harald giving us inside info.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Phew! I thought for a second you were pulling a JRC on us.

Quote:

We will all miss you Harald.

/me smacks quagmire

He didn't say he's leaving AppleInsider! He just said he won't be posting any more rumors or inside information from here on out.
  • Reply 4 of 23
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca

/me smacks quagmire

( Shhhh. He's better than some of the other newbies for pure comic fun. )
  • Reply 5 of 23
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Good to know that I was right when I gave up on Sony Ericsson. Their 'current' phones are a generation behind their competitors and the models they introduced earlier this year leave a lot to be desired. I should also point out that this functionality (iPhoto, iTunes, and QuickTime) is already possible with either Palm or MS mobile phones.

SE is pushing imaging on their new phones, but only one of them is a MP phone and that won't even be out until the end of the year. The rest of the industry is going to have 1.3 MP out by June and some are going to have 2.0 with optical zooms out by Christmas. Well, at least the back of the phones look more like cameras even if the images still suck.

The luxury/fashion/high end/whatever you want to call it is leaving SE behind quickly. Partially this is Sony's fault by forcing the phones to support Memory Stick only and then only putting it on a phone that won't be out for a while. Moto, Nokia, Samsung, ect all support SD/MMC and the newer smaller cards.

It's a shame too. Sony Ericsson forced the mobile industry ahead 2 year with some of their earlier models, but it seems as if they've fallen asleep at the wheel.

Ok, that was a long rant that really didn't have much to do with the topic at hand. Sorry. I just needed to vent some frustration at Sony Ericsson and Harald provided the perfect venue.
  • Reply 6 of 23
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    I feel the same way HOM. I'm giving up on SE after loyally using them for 2 years and lusting after the higher end models. The Treo 600 is looking mighty fine.
  • Reply 7 of 23
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Outsider

I feel the same way HOM. I'm giving up on SE after loyally using them for 2 years and lusting after the higher end models. The Treo 600 is looking mighty fine.

That's exactly where I'm going. I had one of the first T68m (not i. It wasn't a Sony Ericsson, but a regular Ericsson) and I upgraded to a T616, but now I'm just waiting for my "upgrade" period with Cingular so I can get a Treo 600 for $399. Couple the Treo 600 with Pocket Tunes and the Missing Sync and you're in mobile heaven.
  • Reply 8 of 23
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harald

Sometimes they make you sign stuff they're serious about, and you have to grow up. So, buhbye factual gossip from this point on.

Hey, Harald. Priorities are priorities. Earning a living is obviously more important than impressing people on AI with insider knowledge. You certainly spiced up mobile phone discussion here in Digital Hub. (I don't usually venture into AO, so I cannot judge you on that. But I would certainly approve of "baiting dickhead neo-cons.")

Are you still using the same e-mail as a year ago?

Escher
  • Reply 9 of 23
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Quote:

Next year, Sony Ericsson phones will iSync with iPhoto and iTunes. And QuickTime support will be beefed up.

Lovely. Give the people what they're not asking for.

A useful PDAPhone must have the ability to input text on the road, hence the clamour for the Treo 600. Everything else is secondary.

Unless SE adds a thumb-board or equivalent, I wont be buying.

Oh, and thanks for the memories, Harald.
  • Reply 10 of 23
    Harald, we're going to miss you in Digital Hub. Your hypothetical musings have seen many an AppleInsider pause for a moment to look at their mobile communication devices with equal measures of hope and disgust. Hellfire, Harald, I have a tear welling.

give me a minute

Me and the guys, well, we had a whipround, and we got you this cake.

.(XXXXX).

(XXXXXX)

Take care. Adieu, Harald. Be good.

wanker
  • Reply 11 of 23
    [edited so i don't get visited by Harald and his NDA]
  • Reply 12 of 23
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    I am going to kill you.

I know where you live.
  • Reply 13 of 23
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    You might have to do better than "London"...
  • Reply 14 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stoo

You might have to do better than "London"...

Stoke Newington.

Opposite Clissold Park.

Behind that *** ***** ****.

Up those ***** stairs.

In through that *** ****** ******* ****.

• Reply 15 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Frank777

Unless SE adds a thumb-board or equivalent, I wont be buying.

coughP910cough
  • Reply 16 of 23
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

coughP910cough

I'll be buying a new GSM phone in the fall. The camera-less Bluetooth Treo 600 sucessor will be the obvious frontrunner. If SE can give me a valid option with the P900 successor, I will include it in my deliberations. Until then...

From this site of the Big Pond as well, Harald, thank you for the memories!

Best of luck with your NDA, the job to which it attaches, and please let Hassan live.

Escher
  • Reply 17 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

Best of luck with your NDA, the job to which it attaches, and please let Hassan live.

Escher

Escher, thank-you. Now, Harald, hows abouts you take my frigging address off the board?
  • Reply 18 of 23
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Quote:

From now on, my only contribution apart from informed speculation will be baiting dickhead neo-cons on Apple Outsider. Goodnight, and thank you.

I'm shattered.

If I see any "dickhead neo-cons", I'll let 'em know you're coming. They're quaking in their boots, no doubt.
  • Reply 19 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Outsider

The Treo 600 might *look* mighty fine ... but it's a piece of utter crap. I am on my 4th unit in one month.

1st - Out of the box, the microphone volume was almost non-existant. People said it sounded like I was holding the phone 5 feet away and talking to them.

2nd - Would not recognize any sim-cards.

3rd - Worked fine for 2 weeks, then the left side of the keypad stopped responding.

4th - Haven't even turned this one on. If I had the option to get my money back instead of yet another replacement, I would have taken the cash.

Thankfully I still have my P900, and it looks like I'll be using it for some time to come.

The Treo's for sale. $825 Canadian. 64 Meg SD Card. Treo Form-Fit case.
  • Reply 20 of 23
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    neoconservativism

n : an approach to politics or theology that represents a return

to a traditional point of view (in contrast to more

liberal or radical schools of thought of the 1960s)

I dont see why this is so bad.