Ebaying PB

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Was contemplating dumping my new-old powerbook on ebay and picking up the newly reved ones, mine is a 15 in, the 1.25 ghz one...

How much would I get for it, how much would I hafta put in for new one...

Any opinions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sh0eWax

Was contemplating dumping my new-old powerbook on ebay and picking up the newly reved ones, mine is a 15 in, the 1.25 ghz one...

How much would I get for it, how much would I hafta put in for new one...

Any opinions?

Why? You would have done very well to sell it LAST week. Now you're going to be going up against retailers who have the "old" stock to clear. You're better off waiting till there are no new "old" models around.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    sh0ewaxsh0ewax Posts: 114member
    Didn't do it last week because I was in Europe for about 10 days, thus being fully disconnected from society it was very hard to keep up with the news, much less rumors about new powerbooks being released.. from your tone of writing I assume this is a very bad idea...
  • Reply 3 of 9
    nerudaneruda Posts: 439member
    Quote:

Didn't do it last week because I was in Europe for about 10 days, thus being fully disconnected from society it was very hard to keep up with the news, much less rumors about new powerbooks being released.. from your tone of writing I assume this is a very bad idea...

I'll give you $1200 for it

Seriously though, I've noticed that the announcement of faster PB models is already having an impact on their Ebay prices.

Why would you sell this PB for one of the new ones? Doesn't it still do everything you need it to? Really, I don't think you need a new PB, but what do I know?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Yeah, after thinking about it both of you are right. Its not like I do need anything in those new powerbooks and I would end up losing too much on ebay to justify this whole thing to myself. Thanks for the advice.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    I'm selling mine (same as yours) on eBay with games and other software...if I get $2000, I'll be happy considering I'm getting a loaded 15" for the same price.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:

Yeah, after thinking about it both of you are right. Its not like I do need anything in those new powerbooks and I would end up losing too much on ebay to justify this whole thing to myself.

Yep. Your current PB should serve you well until the G5 Powerbooks come out next January
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Mmm G5... I wonder just how long it will take for those beasts to come out... I dun wanna change the topic of this thread, but Apple really does need some competative edge again...
  • Reply 8 of 9
    I dont know about over there, but over here apple is gonna kick ass. Their notebook prices have dropped so much that they are comopetitive with CENTRINO and kick ass over P4 notebooks!

I hope Apple becomes massive over here and at the same time i hope its stays as a minority. Sometimes you want your likes to stay underground so that it aint what every tom, dick and harry has. Over here apple is only bought by music producers and designers etc. Now all the "fashionable" or rich kids want them cos they look so good etc. Which is a bit of a downfall cos way back i was some time of wierdo geek using a mac. Now im super stylish with my 17"PB which attracts more attention than a naked lady.

My 2cents worth.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by filmmaker2002

I'm selling mine (same as yours) on eBay with games and other software...if I get $2000, I'll be happy considering I'm getting a loaded 15" for the same price.

Hum...for 2k why not buy a new 15"? But then again, Macs do have good resale value and people do tend to go a little crazy on Ebay (have seen previous, 1.25Ghz PB go for over $2k when you can buy the new model for that much). I know, I'm hoping to snatch one up cheap, but it aint gonna happen...might as well get a new one.