Quicktime question

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have a Video CD that has the old MPEGAV dat files on it. Quicktime player is able to play those files (I have quicktime pro) properly with audio. When I try to export it to some other format, quicktime tells me that there is no audio track in the file. I have copied the dat file to my hard disk, removed the CD and played it properly with the audio. So I think the audio is embedded. It is a MPEG 1 muxed track? (from the file info in quicktime). How do I get this audio to carry over to a quicktime movie file so that I can make a DVD?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    endymionendymion Posts: 375member
    Try running it through something like bbDEMUX to extract the tracks.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    talksense101talksense101 Posts: 1,738member
    Thanks. That works, but I am not able to get the m1a audio track files converted to MP3 so that it can be recognized by iMovie. I am looking through the whole lot of useless free converters on the web, so any input on which tool to use would help a lot. iTunes gives me a unknown error -2003 if I try to convert.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    endymionendymion Posts: 375member
    Quote:

Originally posted by talksense101

Thanks. That works, but I am not able to get the m1a audio track files converted to MP3 so that it can be recognized by iMovie. I am looking through the whole lot of useless free converters on the web, so any input on which tool to use would help a lot.

You might try Audio Hijack for a quick method.

or if you're comfortable with the command line, you can install the mplayer and use the following command:

mplayer -ao pcm -vc dummy -vo null YOURFILENAME

This will save a wave file in your user folder.