Arab ally snubs Bush amid 'unprecedented hatred' for US

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
LINK

We are becoming a pariah nation.

We had all of the support after 911 and it was thrown in the trash and is stomped on at every opportunity.

Everything Bush has done has been like setting up a Trust Fund for Al Queda and getting out AQ's 'positive' message.

Yes, I am bashing Bush!!!! . . . once again he has given me innordinate reasons to do so.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    It's just like the movie "The Dark Crystal". Watch it again... you'll see what I mean.
  • Reply 2 of 26
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Akumulator

It's just like the movie "The Dark Crystal". Watch it again... you'll see what I mean.

Never seen it . . .
  • Reply 3 of 26
    The Skekses think the Gelflings are going to destroy them because it was in a prophecy... so they attempt to exterminate the Gelflings. But in doing so they set forth the prophecy that ultimately is the end to them.

What I mean by this is that sometimes it seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy when our Government goes after those who they think are trying to destroy it.... which inturn causes more people to hate us and breeds new terrorists who may one day do more damage to us then if we'd done nothing.
  • Reply 4 of 26
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Oh come on, everyone knows we're safer now that we're in Iraq.

Besides, the Almighty is guiding our President in this "crusade" remember?
  • Reply 5 of 26
    Although i am no bush supporter, It wouldn't really matter whether america was in iraq or not. The fact that america backs israel is enough for the arabs to hate america.

I'm not saying invading iraq is right or wrong because there's just too many positives and negatives for both sides of that argument. Iraq is just an excuse to incite more hate and violence towards free and christian countries.
  • Reply 6 of 26
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    That any intelligent person should have the answer too.
  • Reply 7 of 26
    A christian country is a country that has evolved on the beliefs of christ. taken at it's purest form this means everyone is equal and shall offer kindness and understanding to fellow men and woman regardless of where they come from or who they are.

True, over time this has become lost forgotten and manipulated to suit an individuals purpose. Christian countries have had it's fair share of fanatics, Spanish inquisition etc, But over time as we progress we find ourselves going back in time to the true meaning of been christian, Our leaders may not be true but the people who are true are enforcing this belief.

As for freedom, You could say freedom is seeking a belief you feel is morally right without prejudice. Freedom could also be declared as be free to do what ever you want so long as it doesn't harm your fellow community. Take the UK for example, we have that one handed fanatic cleric guy who goes round preaching the west is evil and all that bollock's right in our own country, But yet our version of freedom allows him to continue, that is freedom.

Could you of been able to be christian in Afghanistan a few years ago? Would you of been able to denounce the government of the former soviet republic during Russia's communism era? Given those examples we are far freer than those countries would of liked us to be.

It's not the faith we need to question or the amount of freedom we have, But the fanatics that use a faith in order to gain control of a population for their own greed and self gains and call it the word of god.
  • Reply 8 of 26
    talksense101talksense101 Posts: 1,738member
    Freedom is when you can safely browse sites like Al Jazeera without being snooped on by your government.
  • Reply 9 of 26
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

Yes, I am bashing Bush!!!! . . .

We can ALWAYS count on you! If nothing else, you are dependable- and predictable. FOUR-count em FOUR Bush-Bashing threads of yours on page one alone. Mighty good work there.
  • Reply 10 of 26
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

And somehow it just isn't enough.....

Maybe I should start one, just for fun. It's the fad of the month. I want on the bandwagon.

• Reply 11 of 26
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    I'll bash also! God this: " You meanies are bashing Bush again! " is really dumb. You guys had a field day with Clinton over his sexual indiscretions. Bush does all manner of things to make himself a target. We can't do what he does and try to blame some else. With the president the buck stops here. Or don't you remember?
  • Reply 12 of 26
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    KING Abdullah of Jordan...

I really thought his post 9/11 persona in the media was cool---the whole "taking it to the next level" thing was a nice touch.

But

Is this all "Islam" is willing to accept? Hussien was left alone--in all his butchery---but now Amercia is the greater satan: "just get out of our country so we can set a theocracy!!"

Or a ruling family?

Or a King?

Is this the indefinite future of the ME? Dictatorial regiems theocracies, or kingdoms?

Is it racist or bigoted to assume this with "these people"???
  • Reply 13 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by dmz

I really thought his post 9/11 persona in the media was cool---the whole "taking it to the next level" thing was a nice touch.

Is this all "Islam" is willing to accept? Hussien was left alone--in all his butchery---but now Amercia is the greater satan: "just get out of our country so we can set a theocracy!!"

Well, yes.

You see, it's not up to you how they decide to govern themselves. If they decide to elect a Mullah as the President of Iraq, er, tough shit. Tough titties.

The American occupation's pretty brutal and it's pissing people off. Saddam would have had a hard time killing 10,000 civilians in a year. Can you not see?
  • Reply 14 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

Well, yes.

You see, it's not up to you how they decide to govern themselves. If they decide to elect a Mullah as the President of Iraq, er, tough shit. Tough titties.

The American occupation's pretty brutal and it's pissing people off. Saddam would have had a hard time killing 10,000 civilians in a year. Can you not see?

10,000? be nice. We're not talking about Kurdish cleansing here.

I do get your point---it's definitley valid.

But here is the kicker: what if the tendency in the ME is self-imposed tyranny Egyptian/Saudi/Turkey style? This stagnation breeds unrest, the popular idiom---like when the French conspiracy was the big thing in the USSR---turns agianst the west, Israel, etc.? Jihad is delcared by fringe groups, some tacitly supported as covert foreign policy agents, who in turn attack the west.

Where is this going?
  • Reply 15 of 26
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:

I'm not saying invading iraq is right or wrong because there's just too many positives and negatives for both sides of that argument. Iraq is just an excuse to incite more hate and violence towards free and christian countries. [/B]

which do not exist, never have done, and never will.

Quote:

Not so fast...we don't know for sure: http://www.informationclearinghouse....rticle1779.htm
  • Reply 16 of 26
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dmz

Can I just point out that the coalition has killed well in excess of 10,000 civilians since the start of the war?

Don't believe me?

Go and Google us a figure, then bring it back. Do it yourself.

I wonder why they don't like us much?
  • Reply 17 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by dmz

I've seen interviews with him and he seems genuinely honest and kind. He loves America and the West. He's a very educated man and even though he's King, he's not against a Democratic Jordan... it's just a different place with a different culture and it's not so easy to just become a Democracy.

I like him.... besides, he had a cameo appearance in an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation.
  • Reply 18 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Akumulator

I like him.... besides, he had a cameo appearance in an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation.

NO SHIT!? ---which season/epsiode? (I've got 4 seasons of TNG on DVD)
  • Reply 19 of 26
    Oops, my mistake.... it was Star Trek: Voyager..... don't know which episode.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/277584.stm

edit: episode #36: "Investigation"
  • Reply 20 of 26
    Rats!