Another iPod mini DEAD (3rd)

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
My 3rd iPod mini is DEAD...

1st iPod mini - Not recognized

2nd ipod mini - Stalled Repeatedly

3rd ipod mini - DEAD

I am on my 3rd ipod mini and it is DEAD...nothing...no screen..will not charge...DEAD

Considering my situation and frustration will Apple compensate me with a regular iPod 15Gig????

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ByteMe

3rd ipod mini - DEAD

I am on my 3rd ipod mini and it is DEAD...nothing...no screen..will not charge...DEAD

Considering my situation and frustration will Apple compensate me with a regular iPod 15Gig????

Don't be foolish. What you should do is get a new mini and ebay it. Seriously. They are in such demand, you'll come out far enough ahead to buy a 15gig and then some.

ebay completed iPod mini auctions. As you can see, some are going well above the price people paid for them.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    k squaredk squared Posts: 608member
    Well, if it makes you feel better, I bought a mini the day they came out, have used it every day, and it still works great. So there are ones that work out there. Torifile's idea is a good one.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    As I posted elsewhere I also bought a mini the day it came out. This Tuesday a replacement arrived from Apple for the original which developed static and then screeching distortion over the phones. New one works fine, so far and actually has a better scroll wheel (not as sensitive). The first mini was assembled in Taiwan, the one new in China.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    I got mine replaced to.

My sister's got replaced to but it died again.

My brother's had to be replaced.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    bytemebyteme Posts: 45member
    Quote:

Don't be foolish. What you should do is get a new mini and ebay it. Seriously. They are in such demand, you'll come out far enough ahead to buy a 15gig and then some.

eBay is an ExceLLenT Idea!!! Once I get my replacement, I am so there. They are selling for up to $400.00.

The second replacement I shipped out and then received a new one, but I was accidently charged for shipping so I had to call and make corrections. When my second iPod mini froze and kept freezing, I took it to the Apple Store and they handed me a new replacement on the spot. The switch took about a minute. So, I will be taking my iPod mini to the store for yet another exchange.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

3rd ipod mini - DEAD

remind me to never let you touch my computer equipment.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Well..my 3rd iPod mini was resurected at the Apple Store. I had a bad firewire cable, which they replaced.

I took the eBay advice and put my iPod mini up for auction. The starting price was $299.99 and the BIN was $399.99. The iPod SOLD within 12 hrs of the auctions listing...soooo once the next gen iPods launch I will be ordering a well equiped (GB) 4th GeN. iPod!!!
  • Reply 8 of 9
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Well..my 3rd iPod mini was resurected at the Apple Store. I had a bad firewire cable, which they replaced.

I took the eBay advice and put my iPod mini up for auction. The starting price was $299.99 and the BIN was $399.99. The iPod SOLD within 12 hrs of the auctions listing...soooo once the next gen iPods launch I will be ordering a well equiped (GB) 4th GeN. iPod!!!

Lucky bastard.

I'll take my commission now.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Is there any ETA on the 4th Gen. iPod? How long will the wait be? Should I order a 3rd Gen. iPOD?

I heard this week is the anniversary of the iTunes Music store and there may be an update, but I am very skeptical.