Got It!!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Brand new 17" 1.5 GHz Powerbook. And it only cost me $54! for many that have followed the saga of my receint 17" PB 1.33 purchase a week ago, you may be pleased to know that tonight i picked up my new 1.5 from apple -- and since it was purchased under my girlfriend's name (a college student), i paid only $54 as my final cost to get the new PB (after trade in of mine).

This is one case where apple store rocks!!!!! ---almost as much as this new pb. oh, and a little bonus was the manager of the store told me that i have the first one to go out of the stopre -- probably the first in las vegas.

its good to be first!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    that kicks ass, though I was expecting to see box opening photos.\
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

that kicks ass, though I was expecting to see box opening photos.\

very insensitive of me. i was so excited, it practically flow onto my desk. i can snap some -- the only thing thats different is the specs sticker on the box. but for some reason the keyboard feels a little different. but maybe it just in my mind. they keys do feel like they have a slightly different texture though.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I'll pay you $55 for it.

J/K Don't tell my Pismo, but I have been eyeing a 15" 1.5Ghz Powerbook since it came out.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by richardtruss

Brand new 17" 1.5 GHz Powerbook. And it only cost me $54! [snip] its good to be first!

Apple did the right thing, richardtruss, and you were the lucky one to benefit. Congrats!

Aside from that, it's great to see that at least one 17" PB shipped over a week before they were due in May. Hopefully we'll see many more shipping in the coming days/weeks.

Escher