does anyone else think safari 1.2 is terrible?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    I'd rather have unnecessary scrollbars than have my page's content jumping around.

What must I do, declare body height:101%; ?!
  • Reply 22 of 32
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    Quote:

Originally posted by unremarkable

I'd rather have unnecessary scrollbars than have my page's content jumping around.

What must I do, declare body height:101%; ?!

me too hey i'll try that!
  • Reply 23 of 32
    unremarkable, i think i love you

... but don't tell my wife

this fixes it for safari , mozilla and IE

html,body {

height: 105%;

}

edit: i've been working on this problem on and off for days. nobody on any other fourm has been able to solve this problem

man... Ai should have a html help forum so i can get problems solved sooner
  • Reply 24 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

This is a Macintosh Human Interface Guideline going way back: If you don't need scrollbars, don't display them.

I always thought the opposite, that the guidline was to always have a scrollbar if you think you ever might need it to prevent exactly this jumping around effect. For example the text box I'm typing in right now in safari has the empty channel for a scrollbar but the blue gel slug will only appear if I type enough text.

edit: I just tried TextEdit, NetNewsWire, Terminal and Tofu, all are the same, with an empty scrollbar always present (though Tofu has it on the horizontal axis.
  • Reply 25 of 32
    bigbluebigblue Posts: 341member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ericg

I see a white horizontal line at the bottom, below discography in situ.

That's the one.

A proof that there's still work to be done at Safari's frame rendering.
  • Reply 26 of 32
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Slightly on topic, does anyone know how to stop Safari from automatically playing Flash ?
  • Reply 27 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by BigBlue

Sometimes you see it, then you don't

Change the browser size a bit.

i thought that part of the design i see what you mean. i'll look into it for ya
  • Reply 28 of 32
    Safari doesn't support <object>, and doesn't even fall back, anything contained in <object> is not displayed, and some people report their use of <object> causes it to crash!

Plus its slow, it seems like it will only open about 4 concurrent connections for the whole app, so loading multiple tabs takes for ever if the sites have lots of images/etc.
  • Reply 29 of 32
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by biaachmonkie

Plus its slow, it seems like it will only open about 4 concurrent connections for the whole app, so loading multiple tabs takes for ever if the sites have lots of images/etc.

This is a problem that many people have complained about. Why only 4 connections, I wonder.... It's a lame restriction.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stoo

Slightly on topic, does anyone know how to stop Safari from automatically playing Flash ?

remove the flash plugin
  • Reply 31 of 32
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    If you remove the Flash plugin you get errors on all Flash objects in a page. I'd still like to download the Flash applets, but just not play them.
  • Reply 32 of 32
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    i was just kidding

did you catch the " "