Super PowerBook

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Now, what is the likelihood, with the mobility of FCP 3, that we will now see superdives in Powerbooks? Is this feasible? Could it be by MWSF or by MWNY. I saw on <a href="http://www.appleinsider.com"; target="_blank">www.appleinsider.com</a> that the combo cd/rw-dvd drives will appear, but a superdrive on the PB would really amaze me.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Whenever Apple can do it they will.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    No. Whenever Apple wants to they will.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Yeah, MacAddict. My mistake.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAddict:

<strong>No. Whenever Apple wants to they will.</strong><hr></blockquote>

no, I'm pretty sure they would WANT to offer a 3499 model with superdrive now. it just doesn't exist. pretty hard to use something if it doesn't exist no?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    You misunderstood me applenut. What I'm saying is that Apple will not only wait until a component is available, they will also wait until they feel like they should use it.

I agree that Apple probably would like to have a superdrive in a PowerBook. However, there were Radeon cards available for the MWNY iMac revision, but since Apple didn't want to implement them, they didn't.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAddict:

<strong>You misunderstood me applenut. What I'm saying is that Apple will not only wait until a component is available, they will also wait until they feel like they should use it.

I agree that Apple probably would like to have a superdrive in a PowerBook. However, there were Radeon cards available for the MWNY iMac revision, but since Apple didn't want to implement them, they didn't.</strong><hr></blockquote>

alright. but I think the superdrive situation is a bit different.