• Reply 21 of 41
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

It's Quagmire isn't it ?

• Reply 22 of 41
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    My Conspiracy Theory of the Week:

Quagmire is really Woz gone passive-aggressive.
  • Reply 23 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by buckeye

I can't find it at the moment, and I have too much to do right now than search anymore. Anyway, it was a post just like this on another forum, not posted to a front page.

So you dont have the time to do a SIMPLE search for a forum topic that you claim to have seen recently, but you make Multiple posts over several hours to this topic? ya whatever.

Patrick
  • Reply 24 of 41
    buckeyebuckeye Posts: 358member
    Quote:

Originally posted by AppleCello

So you dont have the time to do a SIMPLE search for a forum topic that you claim to have seen recently, but you make Multiple posts over several hours to this topic? ya whatever.

Patrick

Yep. What did you have to offer to the discussion again?

Oh, right. Nothing.

By the way, if you bothered to read some of the other posts, you would see that I wasn't the only one who was trying to figure out what possible meaning this thread had to offer.

There are a lot of people who make baseless predictions on these forums and very few who have actual information. It is up to the rest of us to try and firgure out who falls in to which category. I guess the next 6 weeks will be the judge.
  • Reply 25 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by buckeye

There are a lot of people who make baseless predictions on these forums and very few who have actual information. It is up to the rest of us to try and firgure out who falls in to which category. I guess the next 6 weeks will be the judge.

Im not here to contribute. See my low post count? I read this junk for entertainment value. And besides, who said that it was up to you, or anyone else to sort fact from fiction. Just chill and have fun with it. I doubt that anything substantial is riding on the frequency of product annoucements for you.

Patrick
  • Reply 26 of 41
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DaveGee

First some background - unlike some, in all the years I've been here I've never make shit up for the fun of it... Just never saw the point in it. Over the years I've also had some excellent insight (read as 'sources') into quite a few things including well over a year+ of knowing about the G5 and what it REALLY was all the while most of the mac fans were STILL look at MOT for their wet-dream G5 CPU. I had kept my promise to keep it on the QT till just before IBMs announcement at the CPU forum. Then and only then was I told I could have 'some' fun hinting about it. Since then my source left IBM and I'm just as much in the dark as the rest of you (darn it) but at the time if you read my posts carefully enough you would have gotten what I was saying but anyway...

You know what... never mind... I don't need to explain MY actions to YOU... who the HELL do you think you are anyway? The Pope??

I have just as much right to post ON TOPIC messages to this forum as you do to post what ever it is you post about. If your posts in this thread are any indication you seem to like to bitch a lot and hey if that's what floats your boat have at it my friend just don't expect me to respond anymore.

Dave

You don't have to explain yourself, thanks for the info. Let's hope Apple gets back on track. They have a lot of things on their plate to update. A daunting task, I'm sure.
  • Reply 27 of 41
    buckeyebuckeye Posts: 358member
    Quote:

Originally posted by AppleCello

Im not here to contribute. See my low post count? I read this junk for entertainment value. And besides, who said that it was up to you, or anyone else to sort fact from fiction. Just chill and have fun with it. I doubt that anything substantial is riding on the frequency of product annoucements for you.

Patrick

You should really enjoy this one then:

Totally Accurate Prediction Thread
  • Reply 28 of 41
    maskermasker Posts: 451member
    Okay so we have 2 Tuesday sin a row.

Let's se if we get three...

Come on Aluminum Cinema Display...

MSKR
  • Reply 29 of 41
    occamoccam Posts: 54member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Masker

Okay so we have 2 Tuesday sin a row.

Let's se if we get three...

Come on Aluminum Cinema Display...

MSKR

Yup, that's the one I'm waiting for too! (Apple, please.... )
  • Reply 30 of 41
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    Quote:

Originally posted by occam

Yup, that's the one I'm waiting for too! (Apple, please.... )

Count me in too if the new displays have the inputs, adjustments and other features I'm waiting for. It is about time.
  • Reply 31 of 41
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Actually...the PB/iBook update was a Monday

And that was all I needed...display? *pfft*

Who needs a display with a PB?

But I'm pulling for one too, just for the heck of it.
  • Reply 32 of 41
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    I'm betting we'll see a speed bumped iMac tomorrow.

I think the new displays will either be announced the same day they announce the G5 rev., or the day after.

I hope I'm wrong though!

• Reply 33 of 41
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Soon we'll see... Even if one Tuesday falls out of the announcement-every-week carnival, I would say the prediction is correct.
  • Reply 34 of 41
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    An iMac speedbump with a G4 = yawn city
  • Reply 35 of 41
    oldmacfanoldmacfan Posts: 501member
    iTunes 1 year anniversary is this week, it must be related to that.
  • Reply 36 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by oldmacfan

iTunes 1 year anniversary is this week, it must be related to that.

ipods ?
  • Reply 37 of 41
    oldmacfanoldmacfan Posts: 501member
    Quote:

Originally posted by The Angel of the Abyss

ipods ?

I think Steve will want to gloat some about the iTunes - iPod dominance. As for new product, Maybe refreshes to iPod line, maybe a settlement with the Beatles and Exclusive 6 month rights to All of their combined music (solo stuff too). Maybe some other hard to crack artists. Maybe M&M boy finally got the corn cob out of his A$$.

Maybe the ultimate iPod max, with s-video out and 100GB HD for sending pics and video to your TV, and not the iPod screen. Which would mean Qtime and iLife updates. They would all work together.

Maybe the Portable User function. Where the iPod could be used as a boot drive with all your user specific info and files. This might relate to 10.3.4.

But, I do not have any secret source, no inside info, just pure speculation.
  • Reply 38 of 41
    bzbz Posts: 40member
    Funny thing about M&M (Eminem) is that he is very popular on iTMS. He actually released his D12 band singles there are they are doing great.

I bet that all the copyright stuff is from his lawyers/agents.

BZ

Quote:

Originally posted by oldmacfan

I think Steve will want to gloat some about the iTunes - iPod dominance. As for new product, Maybe refreshes to iPod line, maybe a settlement with the Beatles and Exclusive 6 month rights to All of their combined music (solo stuff too). Maybe some other hard to crack artists. Maybe M&M boy finally got the corn cob out of his A$$.

Maybe the ultimate iPod max, with s-video out and 100GB HD for sending pics and video to your TV, and not the iPod screen. Which would mean Qtime and iLife updates. They would all work together.

Maybe the Portable User function. Where the iPod could be used as a boot drive with all your user specific info and files. This might relate to 10.3.4.

But, I do not have any secret source, no inside info, just pure speculation.

• Reply 39 of 41
    I honestly hope that your right !
  • Reply 40 of 41
    If any of what I said comes true this week, I'll be forced to change my name to Macstradamus or something.