New iTMS features ***CONFIRMED***

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
* Browse iMixes

* Free Single of the Week

* Movie Trailers

* Radio Charts

* Unlimited CD burning of songs (burn any playlist up to 7 times)

* Play you music on up to 5 machines (Macs or PCs)

I don't get the 5th feature. Don't we have that already (with playlists available to burn up to 10 times?) A concession maybe? Doesn't really matter though...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 90
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    5 machines is wonderful. Its surprising to think I own 6 computers that can run iTunes, each one with it's own speciality. It sounds aweful, but I know I'm not alone.

Movie trailers? There is a quicktime site for that. I hope you don't have to pay to watch a trailer. (That doesn't sound like Apple though).

Free songs. Cool! And it will keep people coming back to the site. Ingenious marketing

Finally, what is an iMix? Never herd of it before.
  • Reply 2 of 90
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

Movie trailers? There is a quicktime site for that. I hope you don't have to pay to watch a trailer. (That doesn't sound like Apple though).

There is a quicktime site... I'm not sure why they'd add that. If they indeed do, I'm certain it will be free like the music videos on iTunes.
  • Reply 3 of 90
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    lots of other cool things. it is now live, but with no link to itunes 4.5
  • Reply 4 of 90
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    I'm going to vomit... WMA SUPPORT

also: FLAC encoding, wish lists (think playlists for songs you haven't bought yet), CD INSERT PRINTING....
  • Reply 5 of 90
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

I'm going to vomit... WMA SUPPORT

also: FLAC encoding, wish lists (think playlists for songs you haven't bought yet), CD INSERT PRINTING....

No, WMA import as in no playback.

And it's not FLAC.
  • Reply 6 of 90
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

No, WMA import as in no playback.

And it's not FLAC.

you are correct sir...

so its apple-branded FLAC same difference..

re: WMA it says you can import WMA files alongside your AAC and MP3 files.... that reads like full blown support to me (import is usually used as a term to RIP songs OFF cds... I wouldn't be surprised if this was an option as well...)
  • Reply 7 of 90
    CD insert printing!

Edit: also a new lossless encoder

Oh damn.... this thread just reminded me.... I need to redeem my itunes pepsi caps.
  • Reply 8 of 90
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

so its apple-branded FLAC same difference..

That statement is no more true than if you called the new Apple lossless encoder "WMA Lossless." Unless you know something I don't, it's not FLAC. I don't think it's even allowed since the goals of the FLAC project are to stay as open as possible. Apple would never agree to the terms I think would be required of them.
  • Reply 9 of 90
    mac writemac write Posts: 289member
    converting all my CD's to lossless so it will be about 40GB who cares. too bad I can't use the store playlist in Canada for future use Drool.
  • Reply 10 of 90
    g-dogg-dog Posts: 171member
    The download link is up now
  • Reply 11 of 90
    Quote:

Originally posted by G-Dog

The download link is up now

I don't see it. \
  • Reply 12 of 90
    g-dogg-dog Posts: 171member
    not within itunes itself, go to apple's itunes website
  • Reply 14 of 90
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,561member
    The lossless encoder sounds great. I'm going to have to re-rip my CDs.

edit: Question though: Is there an accompanying update for iPod to enable it to play these? Was this slipped into the last iPod revision? Will this play on earlier versions of iPods?
  • Reply 15 of 90
    Quote:

Originally posted by foad

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

thanks It's all installed and now the first think I noticed is that there's these arrows next to every artist, song, composer, etc. that, when clicked on, takes you to the itunes music store.
  • Reply 16 of 90
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Installed.

Launched.

Updated music library, no idea what it did.

New 'take me to iTMS, I am your song buying whore' arrows everywhere are annoying - thankfully they can be turned off in prefs.

Party Shuffle seems to be... um... shuffle. Not sure what the benefit is here... is it trying to mesh songs by bpm or something? Ah, okay, it allows for on the fly editing of the upcoming songs. Interesting.

Still playing with stuff...
  • Reply 17 of 90
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Party Shuffle seems to be... um... shuffle. Not sure what the benefit is here... is it trying to mesh songs by bpm or something?

Maybe it's just the same shuffle... but now you can see upcoming songs and change them in advance.
  • Reply 18 of 90
    I want some serious testing of the apple lossless encoder before I reencode my music library. I haven't even filled my 15 gig iPod yet... I'm in no hurry.

I love the print feature. Here's some of the themes/options:

mosaic

single cover

text only

song listing

album listing

• Reply 19 of 90
    My music library would be over 500 GB with the lossless encoding... I'm not going to reencode anytime soon.
  • Reply 20 of 90
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

My music library would be over 500 GB with the lossless encoding... I'm not going to reencode anytime soon.

Sweet baby jesus... that's alot. you must have a lot of shit in there that you don't really care to listen to. I have plenty more cd's I could put in, but don't care about anymore.