iTMS Update From Mr. Jobs On April 28.

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
From Mac Minute:

Quote:

Apple announced today that it will be holding an iTunes Music Store Anniversary Conference Call this Wednesday, April 28 at 11:30 a.m. ET. Apple CEO Steve Jobs will update media and industry analysts on the iTunes Music Store one year after its launch.

Listen for results of Pepsi Promotion. Announcement of new regular iPods and update on status of mini plus European store openings....... Guesses for sure. ( I bet Apple Store will be down before the conference call for product upgrades).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    sounds good to me. i dont see a need to update the ipod, but i'm sure it'll be awesome and i'll want one.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    There will be no live webcast just the following:

Quote:

iTunes Music Store Anniversary Conference Call

WHAT: Apple® CEO Steve Jobs updates media on the iTunes Music Store one year after its launch.

WHERE: Via conference call. The dial-in number for press is: (719) 457-2646, confirmation code: 496219.

WHEN: Wednesday, April 28, 2004, 8:30 a.m. PDT/11:30 a.m. EDT

Accredited media and industry analysts only.

This conference call transmission is the property of Apple and protected by U.S. copyright law and international treaties. Any encoding, rebroadcast, retransmission, reproduction or distribution of any part of the material from the transmission is strictly prohibited without prior written approval from Apple. Please contact Apple Public Relations with any questions.

Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and reinvented the personal computer in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Apple is committed to bringing the best personal computing experience to students, educators, creative professionals and consumers around the world through its innovative hardware, software and Internet offerings.

• Reply 3 of 9
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    My guess is that Apple announces that they've met the 100 Million song barrier for iTMS sales.

I also think they will announce another partnership with a 3rd party to strengthen the grip the iPod has on the market right now.

If it was just an announcement of sales Apple would preannounce they'd just deliver the press release. There's something more here.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    C'Mon iTunes Canada! My Credit Card is hungry and I'm sick of using Acquisition.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by InactionMan

C'Mon iTunes Canada! My Credit Card is hungry and I'm sick of using Acquisition.

I'll second that one.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    c'mon iTunes downunder ... although I'm not holding my breath for that on this conference call.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Here's how the call is going to go:

Update:

3 million iPod sold.

500,000 iPod mini orders.

68 million iTMS songs sold.

New Stuff:

iTMS for Europe and iPod mini to be jointly launched some day in late June or Early July. Pricing announced with heavy emphasis on how only Apple was able to negotiate terms across the different EU countries. Expected roll out across other counties ala Canada and Australia in general terms like Quarter 3 and 4 respectively.

Some new exclusives from big name artists.

More charts from Billboard.

How Apple plans to stay on top in the face of tougher competition (i.e. "our commitment to innovation...)
  • Reply 8 of 9
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    i could see itunes canada coming through. apparently its all up to apple, the CMRRA and CRIA have no qualms according to the news section. it'd be cool but i need a job b4 i buy songs.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    On the new iMix thing the very first one published was "A few of Steve's favorites." Something tells me this is Steve Jobs playlist... lol It has gotten 100075 5 star votes so far... I just find this funny.