FINALY, the right price for this muisc :)

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Today iTunes has a new Avril Lavigne single for free, the right price for her "music" now my delima, would my download be a waste of precious bandwidth - wouldnt anyone downloading this be a waste of bandwidth?

My new bumper sticker: "save the bandwidth, silence the Avril!"

but realy, I think the free music thing is great, is it just one a day? or is there a list of free tracks?

Kindly,

The president of the Avril Lavigne fan club

Comments

• Reply 1 of 55
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    The iTMS is giving away a free song each day for the next week (starting yesterday). After that, it will give away one track each week (edit: not month). If you get the New Music Tuesdays e-mail, they sent out an extra one yesterday that outlined which tracks are being released for free over the week.

I've passed up the last two, but there are some more worthwhile ones coming up.
  • Reply 2 of 55
    I look at it this way, they are free, so Im' takin'em'!!

• Reply 3 of 55
    oldmacfanoldmacfan Posts: 501member
    I skipped reading that email and had to go back and read it just now. One song a day, which started yesterday, for a total of eight days in a row.

I was hoping, after I read elsewhere about the eight days and no comments about which songs, that it was a conspiracy, and the 8th day, was going to be the big announcement that Apple settled the Lawsuit with the Beatles "Apple Corp" and the eight song would have been "Eight Days a Week".

Well blow that one to the wind.
  • Reply 4 of 55
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    I downloaded Ms Levigne.

I don't think she's all that bad. I think she's been mismarketed however. At first I couldn't see what the studio saw in her but I know realize that while technically she's not a great singer her voice has a quality to it that isn't bad.
  • Reply 5 of 55
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Her songs are catchy, and from what I understand, she wrote them. I don't see why she gets bashed, except that she's an obnoxious teenager.

much to my surprise, i actually kinda like the song for today.
  • Reply 6 of 55
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Her songs are catchy, and from what I understand, she wrote them. I don't see why she gets bashed, except that she's an obnoxious teenager.

She doesn't write her own songs.
  • Reply 7 of 55
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    her first album was co-written with a group called the matrix, the songs she wrote entirely didnt make the album. for her new album its mostly her and her guitarist who wrote the music togther. as well, a couple of the old songs she wrote are on there. she is very talented and i dont see why she gets so much flak. ide date her too
  • Reply 8 of 55
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    She is a punkified Celine Deon. No thanks...though I did DL it and trash it, just to pad Apple's numbers.
  • Reply 9 of 55
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

She gets bashed because she's popular and you can't be cool and like popular music

My only problem with her is the 'punk' image that she uses, But there are so many bands that do it that I can't be bothered to make a fuss about it all the time.
  • Reply 10 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

She gets bashed because she's popular and you can't be cool and like popular music

My only problem with her is the 'punk' image that she uses, But there are so many bands that do it that I can't be bothered to make a fuss about it all the time.

Case in point, Good Charlotte. Damn annoying. Plus, I had to buy tickets to go see them with my now ex-girlfriend.

(at least I dumped her, twice)
  • Reply 11 of 55
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Check again. You're wrong.

Avril says she writes her own songs. It must be true! I wasn't saying she doesn't write any of her own songs because any artist that makes it has input with lyrics, chords, etc.

Most any song that was "co-written by" basically means it was "written-for by" when it comes to the big pop stars. She had input into the song, that's really where the "co" comes in.

She does her own writing as much/little as the next pop icon. She doesn't rise above the status quo.
  • Reply 12 of 55
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    Quote:

Even if she is a manufactured spoiled teenager, her songs are pretty good.

Wow and you say that above with such an amazing correct statement in your sig heheheh... just having some fun

In the end each to their own with music taste, movie taste etc, but if more people got to experience classy "un mainstream music" like the very very excellent and good Muse then more musicians/songwriters that play and perform their own music would become recognised for their efforts and not just the media ponies that front song writing teams back in the record companies dungeons.
  • Reply 13 of 55
    mike peelmike peel Posts: 185member
    *points the way to AppleOutsider*

To bring the topic slightly back on track, I'm annoyed - I can't download the free songs as I reside in the wrong part of the world... Now, when are they going to get around to making a UK store...

And, erm, HP PC on apple.com/uk! http://www.apple.com/uk/itunes/jukebox.html
  • Reply 14 of 55
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mike Peel

And, erm, HP PC on apple.com/uk! http://www.apple.com/uk/itunes/jukebox.html

You're browsing from a Windows machine.
  • Reply 15 of 55
    mike peelmike peel Posts: 185member
    The only problem with that; there is no "none" button for credit card...

PC on Apple; yeah, I noticed that - I like how it's the PC when I'm on the PC, and then the Mac when I'm on my PowerBook. Nice little feature.
  • Reply 16 of 55
    Quote:

Oh, and by the way, you can't get Avril anymore. It's Courtney now.

Her song is decent. Suriprising, I do not mind it.
  • Reply 17 of 55
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton I don't see why she gets bashed, except that she's an obnoxious teenager.

That tends to be reason enough for me.

You kinda answered your own question.
  • Reply 18 of 55
    pbg3pbg3 Posts: 211member
    Quote:

There is, and I've done it. I doubt they've removed kids' ability to create allowance accounts without a credit card...

Right now iTunes crashes when I try to create a new account, so I can't test it at the moment... hmm...

First you have to sign out from the music store if you're signed in (click on the "account" field).

Then click "sign in".

Click on "create new account" at the top of the window.

Click on "agree".

Enter all of your info, including an email address that you haven't previously used as an Apple ID.

(Here's where it crashes on my machine at the moment)

On the next screen, it should ask you for your billing method. There should be a choice for "none". Tell me if this isn't the case.

It only offers 4 credit cards that you can choose. There is no "none" option.
  • Reply 19 of 55
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Oh, and by the way, you can't get Avril anymore. It's Courtney now.

sort of odd for me, but i DLd it and I ctualy like it
  • Reply 20 of 55
    lucylucy Posts: 44member
    Could someone post the list of artists. I would like to be able to download these songs, but as I do not receive Apple's emails, I know of no way to find todays free song. Thank you.