Help needed - turning iSight pictures?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hello all,

I glued my iSight to the side of my iMac display. Now I cannot detach it anymore and the picture is turned on the left side!

Is there a way to adjust the direction of the image in iChat?

Many thanks,

iSmiley

[email protected]

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    bnoyhtuawbbnoyhtuawb Posts: 456member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iSmiley

Hello all,

I glued my iSight to the side of my iMac display. Now I cannot detach it anymore and the picture is turned on the left side!

Is there a way to adjust the direction of the image in iChat?

Many thanks,

iSmiley

[email protected]

You have no problem, you have a feature!

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93252
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ismileyismiley Posts: 26member
    Well, not exactly, it wasn't mirrored, it was like turned from 12 o'clock to 9 o'clock. I have detached the iSight anfd mounted it back on the top of my monitor. I might have to try the iFlex for a better position of my iSight.

Cheers,

iSmiley
  • Reply 3 of 4
    ludwigvanludwigvan Posts: 458member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iSmiley

Hello all,

Just out of curiosity, why did you glue it to the side? And couldn't you have just turned the iSight 90 degrees in its stand? (I'm don't own an iSight cam, so I'm not sure if the latter is possible.)
  • Reply 4 of 4
    ismileyismiley Posts: 26member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LudwigVan

Just out of curiosity, why did you glue it to the side? And couldn't you have just turned the iSight 90 degrees in its stand? (I'm don't own an iSight cam, so I'm not sure if the latter is possible.)

I glued it to the side to get a better image perspective. Apple advertised the iChat to be more versatile in mounting as other webcams, but I find this is not true. If you mount it on top of the screen, your iSight takes pictures from above your head and you always look down to the screen where you see the other chatters. Unfortunally, you cannot physically turn the isight. Nevertheless its a great webcam!