FINALY, the right price for this muisc :)

Comments

• Reply 21 of 55
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    it's annie lennox now, dammit, i wish i could have gottn those other songs, sonofabitch!
  • Reply 22 of 55
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Lucy

Could someone post the list of artists. I would like to be able to download these songs, but as I do not receive Apple's emails, I know of no way to find todays free song. Thank you.

go to the music store home page and next to the iTunes 4.5 graphic there should be a link to each day's song...
  • Reply 23 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by Lucy

Could someone post the list of artists. I would like to be able to download these songs, but as I do not receive Apple's emails, I know of no way to find todays free song. Thank you.

On the MusicStore homepage (in iTunes) there's a link to the days free song near the bottom.

Quote:

Originally posted by mattjohndrow

it's annie lennox now, dammit, i wish i could have gottn those other songs, sonofabitch

As far as I can tell the songs from the past days are still free. Just go to the artist's list of songs and look for the one for which the "Price" column says "free"
  • Reply 24 of 55
    i'm not seeing any that say free
  • Reply 25 of 55
    sledgehammersledgehammer Posts: 505member
    Sorry...the page I was looking at must have been cached or still open from yesterday, or something. Oh well. Sorry.
  • Reply 26 of 55
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Jane's Addiction now...

Kinda weird.
  • Reply 27 of 55
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    Which Annie Lennox song was it? I'm bummed I missed that.
  • Reply 28 of 55
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Any chance any freebee will be anything outside of modern pop/rap (AKA dog crap on disk)?
  • Reply 29 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Annie Lennox is A/C. Definitely not modern rock.

But if it's jazz or classical or country you're looking for, my guess is that Apple doesn't see that as their demographic. Country, maybe. Lots of us listen to jazz, but that's definitely not what we buy on iTMS.

No I dnnt mind jazz, but i meant any thing that doesnt fit into the moddern American Idol style stuff, 5 years ago I thought N sync was trash but now I long for those days, honestly, as a 19 year old male, I fall smack in the middle of the 13-25 demo, and I like pretty much any R&B/Rock/hard rock/pop made from oh, say 1960 to 1995ish, and most rap made in the 80's and early 90's as for countrey, I like johnny cash/willie nelson type stuff, I also enjoy some occasional Frank Sinatra.

The "singers" today are first and foremost pretty people, and if they can sing, thats a bonus. How many protools rigs and powermacs and filters do they use to make these people sound reasonable?

Am I the only one who doesnt like todays crop of music? am i just a b*tchy audiofile? or do I have a point?

also, the quality or lack there-of of modern music, IMHO, is a key factor in the promanance of P2P nets, few people want to pay $16 for one song that you sort-of like.
  • Reply 30 of 55
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    CC is good today, nice song.
  • Reply 31 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

CC is good today, nice song.

Never really heard CC befor, went and DLd it, it is actualy pretty good
  • Reply 32 of 55
    yes-machine messiah

also, Mr. Jones is an incredible fuc[king song!
  • Reply 33 of 55
    sledgehammersledgehammer Posts: 505member
    I got into Counting Crows last summer. I had never really listened to them before, but I borrowed a couple albums from a friend for the summer and listened to them a lot. They don't really have anything that I don't like. As someone mentioned, it's pretty catchy, and some of it is just really good poetry (Mrs. Potter's Lullaby, for instance).
  • Reply 34 of 55
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    How do we download these free songs?
  • Reply 35 of 55
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Go to the iTMS, click the link for the free download on the front page (middle set of banners right next to the itunes 4.5 upgrade link), and it brings you to the file's listing. Just click on the download link in the item's row (should be labelled "Free!" or something like that) and that's it.

You have to have an iTunes account set up of course. For that, go to the Music Store link and click on the sign-up link at the top right of the Store area, just below the Browse button.
  • Reply 36 of 55
    lucylucy Posts: 44member
    Though Apple is claiming this to be as a song-a-week deal, today the ninth (tenth?) free single was released: "U Lied" by Crea

There is a tag next to it on Apple's iTunes page saying next single April 11, so I may just be confused, but it looks like they may have more than one single a week still. (Oh well, not a big deal, but it is nice to be sure. Wouldn't want to miss out on free crap!)