cats and dogs

Comments

• Reply 41 of 81
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Then again, there's always the option of house rabbits

• Reply 42 of 81
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I like rabbits, they make for good pets, but that's about it. they don't really do anything, you just pet them and feed them.
  • Reply 43 of 81
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattjohndrow

i don't think i've ever seen that one, my fave is the "inconvenience store" where the only shelf is at the top of the store near the roof.

This killed me. Oohhh...my stomach hurts from laughing. hehehehehahaha...

...it's so stupid...and so funny.
  • Reply 44 of 81
    Awww...those bunnies are so cute and soft-looking.

I love them.
  • Reply 45 of 81
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carol A

Awww...those bunnies are so cute and soft-looking.

Don't let that fool you. They're killers!
  • Reply 46 of 81
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Kittens

• Reply 47 of 81
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member

The killer rabbit with gnashing pointy teeth from the Holy Grail....
  • Reply 48 of 81
    At the local zoo, there is an area surrounded by a waist-high wall in which one can see tortoises, a few other animals, and baby bunnies. They are the cutest things in the world - cottontails, I guess...so little and fluffy. Just babies. And a few adult rabbits.

It didn't occur to me until a few years later (being the innocent, unsuspicious person that I am ) that those bunnies were there for a purpose.

The walled area in which the baby bunnies are found is located in an outdoor enclosure that's part of the reptile house...where there are, of course, snakes that devour baby bunnies whole. I was so shocked when this whole scenario occurred to me. How cynical and brutal to put these bunnies in that enclosure. Nice and convenient for the reptile house keepers though...when it's time to feed the snakes.
  • Reply 49 of 81
    naderfannaderfan Posts: 156member
    I always liked this joke:

What a Dog thinks:

"Wow, these people feed me, play with me, give me water, clean up after me...they must be gods!"

What a Cat thinks:

"Wow, these people feed me, play with me, give me water, clean up after me...I must be god!"

Personally, I'm a dog person. I have horrible cat allergies too and like others have mentioned, all cats thus jump on me and stay near me at all times, taking perverse pleasure as I sneeze, tear up, itch, and turn red. Evil devils.
  • Reply 50 of 81
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    yeah, bunnies are killers, and scary.

my name is Anya, and i am afraid of bunnies, only the right people will get that, but, whatever
  • Reply 51 of 81
    inactionmaninactionman Posts: 618member
    Ah yes. I am yet another with the dreaded cat allergy. They definitely know who to target because all cats love me. I hate them, I hate the hideous hives I get from them. I hate having to suck on my ventilen thingy after I'm around one. On the other hand, they are soft and fluffy.

But my heart belongs to dogs. I've got a black Pug (The best dog if you're not always home, the lazy buggers will sleep for however long you're gone) and a German Shepherd. They rock.

Get a Dog.
  • Reply 52 of 81
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattjohndrow

yeah, bunnies are killers, and scary.

my name is Anya, and i am afraid of bunnies, only the right people will get that, but, whatever

"And what's with all the carrots, who needs that good eyesight anyway? Bunnies, bunnies, it must be bunnies!" (Or maybe midgets)
  • Reply 53 of 81
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    that was like, the 2nd best one of them all!
  • Reply 54 of 81
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    Quote:

Originally posted by crazychester

The only cat I've ever owned, we used to take down to the creek and throw it in the waterhole just to undermine its over-inflated opinion of itself (it's not cruel - they swim perfectly well).

yer sick dude. it's cruel. are you a serial killer?
  • Reply 55 of 81
    gspottergspotter Posts: 342member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

Then again, there's always the option of house rabbits

Been there, done that:

BTW: The photo was taken when our first dog had a torn ligament. Never thought this could happen to dog with such short limbs...
  • Reply 56 of 81
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by faust9

The day I can take a cat pheasant or duck hunting is the day I get rid of my Brittany or Black Lab. I don't see that happening anytime soon, so Dogs it is.

You just need a bigger cat:

http://www.google.com/search?q=carac...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
  • Reply 57 of 81
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    i don't really mind either one, although i'm allergic to cats. the only problem i've seen with cats is that they expect you to serve them.

sorry, but if i'm buying the food, paying for medicine etc, that attitude isn't going to fly.

kittens are nice though, they're actually playful and fun still.

as for

Quote:

Your average mut is not the brightest animal with with all those neutrons for smelling. It's widely known cats are on average smarter than dogs.

got a link for that? i looked around for a while, but couldn't find anything to back that up.

i've thought about getting a cat to go with our dogs, but ever since a cat tried to attack one of my dogs when he was a puppy, he's decided that all cats are food. i'd be interested to see if a kitten would trip that trigger or not. if not, it would be fun to have a cat too.
  • Reply 58 of 81
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

So you are telling that the cats have changed the environment in Oz more than humans? The term "animal lover" on the pargraphs above seems to be in a wrong use.

Of course not. We brought the cats! Look, there are a lot of small marsupials that are sitting ducks (pardon the pun) when it comes to cats. And some are under direct threat from feral cats.

Not to mention birds. I minded a friend of minds (domestic) cat a while back and there was only one day out of five I didn't find dead birds in the backyard. In one 24 hour period it killed four birds. In lightly wooded areas (as opposed to say rainforest) a lot of the parrot species feed on the ground making them easier game.

Feral cats seem to have a tendency to go a bit mutant and grow really f**king big (I've seen one that was close to twice the size of a regular tom cat).

And I'm not proposing we rip kittens from the arms of young children and club them to death. Just stopping them from breeding and letting them die out from natural causes will do fine, thanks very much.

burningwheel. Don't push it.
  • Reply 59 of 81
    resres Posts: 711member
    Quote:

Originally posted by crazychester

Dogs give unconditional love.

And cats don't.

The only cat I've ever owned, we used to take down to the creek and throw it in the waterhole just to undermine its over-inflated opinion of itself (it's not cruel - they swim perfectly well).

Anyway, it worked a treat. Ended up not being hoity toity at all. In fact, it acted like a dog. Unfortunately, it got a tick and died.

I want a dog again. I miss not having a dog so much. But I can't because the farm I'm living on has a blue heeler which Pa Kettle (the property owner) says "doesn't like other dogs".

When it comes to blue heelers, this translates as "it will rip the throat out of any other dog that gets within barking distance of it."

So no doggy for Chester. Boohoo.

Uh, just because it didn't kill the cat (i.e., it can swim) doesn't mean it is not cruel.

Cruel: Disposed to inflict pain or suffering. Causing, or fitted to cause, pain, grief, or misery.

Frankly, unless the cat was one of the very few that loves to swim (and would jump into the water on its own initiative), I am very glad that the property owner wont let you have a dog.

Now to answer the original question: I travel around too much to have any pet right now, but I used to have a bunch of cats and a German Shepherd. We all got along great and I would like to get a Dog and a few cats again someday.
  • Reply 60 of 81
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    ...Cats and Dogs living together--Mass Hysteria!!!