Funniest SNL moment in a while..

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Did anyone see it last night? The "debbie downer" skit was just great. I haven't seen them mess up so bad in a while. It doesn't really get going till about 2:10 or so. I just love Horatio crying from laughing so hard and drying his eyes with the prop food.

here it is [windows media]

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Woulda been funnier if they had stuffed her into a trash can as they were leaving
  • Reply 2 of 18
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    \ How does it end? The audio keeps cutting out and then it buffers and eventually quits.
  • Reply 3 of 18
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    i've got audio but no video

it was an awesome skit though. and man lindsay is HOT!
  • Reply 4 of 18
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Worked fine for me in wmp9 on windwos (downloaded - NOT streamed) gee, i guess macs just cant handle simple video playback of a codec that apple didn't write
  • Reply 5 of 18
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

Worked fine for me in wmp9 on windwos (downloaded - NOT streamed) gee, i guess macs just cant handle simple video playback of a codec that apple didn't write

Worked fine for me in wmp on mac (downloaded -NOT streamed). Gee, I guess Microsoft can't handle writing decent codecs that aren't tied to a shitty as OS.

This was really one of the funniest things I've seen on SNL in a while.
  • Reply 6 of 18
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    I love it when they crack up! Fallon and Horatio are always losing it when they're together. It reminds me of cutting up in class during high school-the more you tried to keep in it the worse it got.

I thought the Harry Potter sketch was funny, too. And, um "enjoyable"

But, man-that sleepover bit was brutal!

J
  • Reply 7 of 18
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    When I saw the thread title, I knew it would be that skit. It had me in tears myself by the 4 minute mark.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

Worked fine for me in wmp on mac (downloaded -NOT streamed). Gee, I guess Microsoft can't handle writing decent codecs that aren't tied to a shitty as OS.

This was really one of the funniest things I've seen on SNL in a while.

what am i doing wrong? the file is 6.7 MB or something, still no audio.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

what am i doing wrong? the file is 6.7 MB or something, still no audio.

Make sure you're running the latest version of the official Windows Media Player for Mac. Seems like this has a codec that VLC or MPlayer can't play yet.
  • Reply 10 of 18
    The best part is that the skit probably wouldn't have been very funny if they hadn't lost it like that, but as it was, it was hysterical. Gotta agree with jeffyboy, too. The harry Potter sketch was great.

"I have to go out in the woods and tame my dragon."

"Oh, did you get a new pet?"

"No"
  • Reply 11 of 18
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    One of the funniest parts of the Carol Burnett Show was watching Harvey Korman getting cracked up by Tim Conway. This reminded me of those skits. And make sure to download the file, it just works better that way.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by drewprops

One of the funniest parts of the Carol Burnett Show was watching Harvey Korman getting cracked up by Tim Conway. This reminded me of those skits. And make sure to download the file, it just works better that way.

Cracking up before or after delivering a line (as in Conway/Korman/Burnett) is far preferable to not being able to get the lines out at all. Kinda amateurish in parts. But I'm a Johnny Downer. eh, it was hilarious anyway, for SNL.

Mad TV Rules
  • Reply 13 of 18
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Wellesley arms!
  • Reply 14 of 18
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I meant to watch last week's episode after seeing the Punk'd with Lindsay Lohan. She really...uh...filled out after filming the remake of Freaky Friday. I totally forgot and went bowling instead though. Heh.

In other news: I can get some pretty mad spin with a 6 pound ball. It's pretty annoying to random bowlers when I start my approach in their lane and not mine.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

I meant to watch last week's episode after seeing the Punk'd with Lindsay Lohan. She really...uh...filled out after filming the remake of Freaky Friday. I totally forgot and went bowling instead though. Heh.

In other news: I can get some pretty mad spin with a 6 pound ball. It's pretty annoying to random bowlers when I start my approach in their lane and not mine.

You: spaz

Even when I go drunk bowling, I manage to sling the 8 pounders in my OWN LANE. . . and I used to be a competitive runner, so I don't have a whole heluva lotta arm muscle.

Slanty boy!
  • Reply 16 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

Make sure you're running the latest version of the official Windows Media Player for Mac. Seems like this has a codec that VLC or MPlayer can't play yet.

ya 2 seconds after i made that post i decided to check my WMP version-->7.0!

So i updated and was too lazy to edit that post.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    alright I just finished adding links to the Debbie Downer skit and the Harry Potter skit in my blog. Link in my signature. The DD video in my blog is a higher res than the one posted here.
  • Reply 18 of 18
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    i couldn't view the whole thing. auto cuts out when it buffers. i'll try again later