Bluetooth Sharing

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I think this is an os x issue but feel free to correct me if im wrong. I am simply looking to share my airport connection over bluetooth. I have tried numerous different scripts that are out there and with no luck. I keep getting ppp timeouts. Anyone have any experience with this and if so could you please give me some hints. Thanks a lot..

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    bluetooth connection speeds are worse than dial up--like 20kbps i think. i dont think you would have any use for that.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    noleli2noleli2 Posts: 129member
    I use these from here. They work great with my Palm T|T.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    shagstlmshagstlm Posts: 112member
    Ive tried those and i keep getting ppp timeout errors what exactly are you doing...do you have to do anything else other than run the scripts and uncheck the buttton for bluetooth sync in the hotsync manager. I also know that you are supposed to turn off the firewall because it doesn't recognize the sharing or something of the sort. Thanks for the input

ps. the reason i want to do this is so i use my pda...mostly just for fun.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    noleli2noleli2 Posts: 129member
    It might be an issue with your PPP config on the Palm. Since I'm behind a router, I know that I can assign it an IP address such as 192.168.1.10 that I know is not being used. It does not seem to work as well not behind the router like that. You also may have to edit the script to reflect that IP address.

It's been a while since I've done it, so there may be something I'm forgetting, but like you, I just did it for fun.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    shagstlmshagstlm Posts: 112member
    i was pleasntly supprised when i tried the scripts again last night and they worked perfectly...which is really weird cause I did exactly the same thing before and nothing. Thanks.