Amazon Japan

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Anyone used Amazon Japan?

I'm just asking because there's things I'd like to get off there, but I get confused when I try to enter my address, etc (I live in the US)

Are there any other sites besides babelfish to translate web pages?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Stuff you can't get from Jbox.com?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    blackbirdblackbird Posts: 33member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

What, like soiled mestrual schoolgirl panties? Sailormoon statuettes with no underwear? I'm with you, man. I feel for you.

wtf, um, I see there are no MATURE people here, i really just wanted a serious answer

and, no, not any of that stuff,
  • Reply 3 of 9
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    no but i've used hmv.co.jp cdjapan.co.jp their sites are in english
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Thank you. I've used CDJapan but I'll try the other one.

I wasn't trying to be mena earlier, guys, just I have problems with foreign sites in my browser.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    craiger77craiger77 Posts: 133member
    Not sure what you mean by having trouble with foreign sites in your browser, but if you are seeing what looks like random letters instead of the characters you are expecting then you need to change your encoding. Sites should have code in the HTML to tell the browser what encoding to use, but many don't.

In Safari go to the View menu and choose Text Encoding at the bottom of the list. There you will see 4 choices for Japanese. Shift JIS seems to work for most sights. Of course if you can't read Japanese this might not help you much, but at least the pages look nicer
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Thanks. Appreciate it.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    blackbird

so you know of any other japan cd shops. i'm looing for some more. noene of these seem to have the cd i'm looking for
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by burningwheel

blackbird

so you know of any other japan cd shops. i'm looing for some more. noene of these seem to have the cd i'm looking for

There's Yesasia.com

Also the American amazon site has some imports, too.

I'll post some more when I can recall them.