iChat Window Sizes

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I'm having a pretty annoying problem here, all of my iChat windows are a slightly different size, by a couple pixels here and a couple pixels there. This is a small difference to notice, however now that I have, I cannot stop thinking about it. So, I am here to ask you all if there is any option that will standardize the window size, because I cannot find it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    It happens here too. I think it's just sub-par UI. But I don't really know. With Apple's attention to detail, I think thats the least likely of the possibilities.

And on another note, get some treatment for that OCD, that should help.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    sh0ewaxsh0ewax Posts: 114member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

And on another note, get some treatment for that OCD, that should help.

Its true too, everything in my room is so neat, and ... stuff! My deskopt has 1 thing on it, thats the HD, and my car is super clean on the inside too. There is something wrong with this.. I think I am getting to the point of actually changing the window sizes by hand..
  • Reply 3 of 10
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sh0eWax

Its true too, everything in my room is so neat, and ... stuff! My deskopt has 1 thing on it, thats the HD, and my car is super clean on the inside too. There is something wrong with this.. I think I am getting to the point of actually changing the window sizes by hand..

Go to Finder prefs and turn off the HD icon on your desktop. Either create an alias and move it to the dock or hit apple+N for a finder window.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

Go to Finder prefs and turn off the HD icon on your desktop. Either create an alias and move it to the dock or hit apple+N for a finder window.

whoa, you guys are nuts, my desktop gets really messy, then i have to clean it up, but i couldn't live without my HD icon, mmm, eliza dushku on my HD, mmm...
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

Well, I don't use the icon hardly @ all... this is true.

Hmm, I seem to have hijacked my own thread. So basically there is no answer to my question?
  • Reply 6 of 10
    *sigh* Hate to pester, but... bump?
  • Reply 7 of 10
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Well...now that you've got me noticing it more, it seems to be happening due to people sending you a message first, or you sending them one first.

For example, if you sign onto iChat and someone IMs you, the window seems to be smaller by a few pixels than if you were to send the first message to that person.

As far as why that happens, I have no idea. My best guess is sloppy programming. But your guess is as good as mine at this point.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

Well...now that you've got me noticing it more, it seems to be happening due to people sending you a message first, or you sending them one first.

For example, if you sign onto iChat and someone IMs you, the window seems to be smaller by a few pixels than if you were to send the first message to that person.

As far as why that happens, I have no idea. My best guess is sloppy programming. But your guess is as good as mine at this point.

So then do you mean there are just two different size windows, sending and receiving? Or are they all slightly different by weird amounts?

A screenshot would be peachy (Just blur out the text!)
  • Reply 9 of 10
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    The text box will sometimes change size when you're typing a lot into it - and not just vertically, but horizontally as well. And, when it does that, it bumps the window size out also. And then it sticks.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Hmm, I was under the impression that iChat memorized window sizes, and that mine were all just off a little bit.