Jobs to Preview Tiger at WWDC in June

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
A somewhat cryptic note over at Maccentral.
«1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 35
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by disco

    A somewhat cryptic note over at Maccentral.





    Longhorn what?



  • Reply 2 of 35
    bigbluebigblue Posts: 341member
    Steve Jobs
  • Reply 3 of 35
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by segovius

    Apple Press release



    Does that mean it's officially tiger now ? Who won the sweepstake ?




    i did.
  • Reply 4 of 35
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Let me get this straight. Apple is going to reveal this year's version of Mac OS X at WWDC. Oh. My. God. I did not see this coming at all.



    Sorry, just couldn't resist making fun of the thread title. "Mac OS X Tiger: Now it's official" or similar would have been better.
  • Reply 5 of 35
    tmantman Posts: 66member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Barto

    Let me get this straight. Apple is going to reveal this year's version of Mac OS X at WWDC. Oh. My. God. I did not see this coming at all.



    Sorry, just couldn't resist making fun of the thread title. "Mac OS X Tiger: Now it's official" or similar would have been better.




    This is a replay of last year. Preview the next version of OS X and at the end Steve says "Oh, by the way, just one more thing...." Anybody care to finish Steve's thought?\
  • Reply 6 of 35
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by tman

    This is a replay of last year. Preview the next version of OS X and at the end Steve says "Oh, by the way, just one more thing...." Anybody care to finish Steve's thought?\



    ".... say hello to the dual 2.125 ghz powermac G5."
  • Reply 7 of 35
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    Quite something how there hasn't been a single shred of info that's eked out about 10.4. Guess they fixed those leaks.



    Wasn't there last year a small handful of pictures of Panther floating about... before the WWDC release?
  • Reply 8 of 35
    low-filow-fi Posts: 357member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Hobbes

    Quite something how there hasn't been a single shred of info that's eked out about 10.4. Guess they fixed those leaks.



    Wasn't there last year a small handful of pictures of Panther floating about... before the WWDC release?




    I thought they were all fakes? There is still some time to go - six weeks...
  • Reply 9 of 35
    foadfoad Posts: 711member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Hobbes

    Quite something how there hasn't been a single shred of info that's eked out about 10.4. Guess they fixed those leaks.



    Wasn't there last year a small handful of pictures of Panther floating about... before the WWDC release?




    There were a few images leaked but they were leaked like a couple days before WWDC.
  • Reply 10 of 35
    tmantman Posts: 66member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by NETROMac

    ".... say hello to the dual 2.125 ghz powermac G5."



    8) 8)
  • Reply 11 of 35
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    I dont know about you, but I am ready for premeture eja...er...uh...spesification
  • Reply 12 of 35
    inactionmaninactionman Posts: 618member
    The news of Tigers preview is so huge it got time on the elevator news ticker at work.



    As close as I can remember the ticker said, "Steve Jobs to preview Tiger at this years WWDC in June". I'm sure I was the only one that knew what the hell that meant.



  • Reply 13 of 35
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    "Oh dear, didn't he see what happened to that poor Roy?"



    "Disney?"



    "No, Sigfield &."
  • Reply 14 of 35
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Leaked Tiger screenshot:







    All Macintosh hardware is being phased out in favor of iPods running Mac OS 9 LE.



    Ok maybe not.
  • Reply 15 of 35
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Actually, I think that's an actual screenshot off a Color Classic.
  • Reply 16 of 35
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Kickaha

    Actually, I think that's an actual screenshot off a Color Classic.



    I made that image when someone was complaining about Mac OS X being "bloated". I stripped it down to next to nothing. Actually it's not as bare as I would make it today. I wish we could have Classic in a window ala VPC or fullscreen toggle. It's not that I hate Classic so much as I hate having it entwined with the Aqua windows.
  • Reply 17 of 35
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    And yet, ironically, Apple sweated over making it interleave because people complained that having Classic windows in their own box was clunky.



    Actually, I was making a joke regarding the Color Classic's 9" screen.
  • Reply 18 of 35
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Kickaha

    And yet, ironically, Apple sweated over making it interleave because people complained that having Classic windows in their own box was clunky.



    Yeah, I always hoped there was some Deep Hack lurking around that would let me put it in a window. I love options. Jobs tends to like hardwired standards. Ah well.



    I could always run VPC running Linux and then run Mac On Linux to get mac OS 9 in a window.



    Quote:

    Originally posted by Kickaha

    Actually, I was making a joke regarding the Color Classic's 9" screen.



    One of the few Macs I've never seen in person. I should get one on Ebay...



    Go nice next to my black VecTrex vector game console from '82.
  • Reply 19 of 35
    kirklandkirkland Posts: 594member
    I loved my Color Classic. I still kick myself for selling it.



    Though today at work we cleared out the Cold Room at work, and I ended up taking home a Mac SE. It's still functional, and includes Word 4 and 5, which is pretty cool. I'll put it in storage for a day when I can properly house some of my collected old computer stuff.



    Ummm... Tiger's a dumb name. There. Now this post wasn't a total tangent.
  • Reply 20 of 35
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    By the way, this is a Vectrex



    I've always liked them since the case design was so cool and similar to the later original Mac.



    </offtopic>
Sign In or Register to comment.