are u supposed to be able to play ipod through itunes?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
thats basically what i want to know. for some reason i got the impression you could but when i have the ipod hooked up its gray and u cant interact with it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    1f u h@d ur 1p0d h00|<3d up 2 nother /\\/\\@C n dld ur m00sik their bi aut0-sink than u m1t3 n0+ b abl3 2.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Kickaha, are you feeling okay?
  • Reply 3 of 10
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    *laugh* Yeah, just being an ass. Lack of capitalization, use of 'u', 'ur', '2', '4', etc, and lack of punctuation DRIVE ME INSANE. It's the online equivalent of ebonics. Thought I'd just kick it up a notch.

If your iPod was auto-synced from another machine, you may not be able to play songs off of it. Or, if it was set up for use with a Mac, then taken to a Windows iTunes, it probably won't work. That's just a guess.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    No, I'm just trying to use it with the Mac it was formatted on. So, I guess you are supposed to be able to play right off the iPod then, eh? There, I used capital letters and punctuation for you. Happy now?
  • Reply 5 of 10
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    you can play songs off the iPod only if you have the iPod set to MANUAL control... IE not automatic sync of the library or a playlist...
  • Reply 6 of 10
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    As a general rule, if you want to do something with your iPod and you find you can't do it, try changing the sync setting to manual. 9 times out of 10, that'll solve your problems.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    Problem.......solved! Thank you.

Cheers!
  • Reply 8 of 10
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    I'm waiting for a new thread by Cam'ron to pop up in a couple of days saying "How do I get my play count and ratings to sync?"
  • Reply 9 of 10
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    iTunes is virtually what the iPod is and vice versa.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    gsfmarkgsfmark Posts: 210member
    So true... I've always viewed my iPod as just a portable version of my iTunes.