in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
as the title says.

link to apple press release

looking good 8)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    /\ldie/\ldie Posts: 70member
    definately looking good...

3.3 is quite a bit more then the 2.6 they were selling on a week average.

Lets hope they can keep it up and keep it around 3 million a week.

That would mean 150 million on a yearly basis. With the addition of international stores that could mean they will reach the 250 million barrier by the second anniversary next year April.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    And this does not include the freebies, or so I think!
  • Reply 3 of 13
    /\ldie/\ldie Posts: 70member
    thats right... 3.3 million is not including free downloads..

did some more math and it seems they are selling about...

5.5 songs..

A SECOND

8)
  • Reply 4 of 13
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:

Originally posted by /\\ldie

thats right... 3.3 million is not including free downloads..

did some more math and it seems they are selling about...

5.5 songs..

A SECOND

8)

WOW!
  • Reply 5 of 13
    sunreinsunrein Posts: 138member
    I have to say that I'm buying more off of iTunes than I thought I would. It's too convenient, especially for making mixes. I'm really looking forward to the library expanding into more obscure areas.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    5.5 songs/second is just amazing!

Apple server farm will be hella busy.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    I wonder to what extent iMixes have contributed to the increased sales? It might help people find random gems they might not have otherwise searched for.

And we can now store songs in a playlist for later purchase, I wonder if that helps too? I would often mull purchases but then never remember where/what they were later. Now I can amass a list of songs and just buy them later.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    noleli2noleli2 Posts: 129member
    I bet it has more to do with people going to get the free song and seeing something else. "Ooh, for another $0.99, I can get...."
  • Reply 9 of 13
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunrein

It's too convenient, especially for making mixes.

Funny, I'm sure most people think like you, but I like to have full albums in my iTunes. I have only bought, and hopefully can keep buying only albums from the iTMS. There are a few songs where I won't want the full album, but I just get a feeling of completeness having only full albums. (I will not buy partial albums from the iTMS! )
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

Funny, I'm sure most people think like you, but I like to have full albums in my iTunes. I have only bought, and hopefully can keep buying only albums from the iTMS. There are a few songs where I won't want the full album, but I just get a feeling of completeness having only full albums. (I will not buy partial albums from the iTMS! )

I almost agree. Just feels better to have it all. hell I tend to be a completist for artists I like. It bothers me to not have a certain song. I tend to buy full albums except on rare occasion.

But last week, I thought the freebies were full albums Followed link, added all to cart, purchased...see later than only one song is free...D'OH!!!
  • Reply 11 of 13
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    johnq and ast3r3x, I'm exactly the same way. That's one reason I never got into the downloading music thing. When I'm browsing someone else's iTunes library, I'm shocked at how many of them don't have complete songs... I don't understand it.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

johnq and ast3r3x, I'm exactly the same way. That's one reason I never got into the downloading music thing. When I'm browsing someone else's iTunes library, I'm shocked at how many of them don't have complete songs... I don't understand it.

There is a core of like 50-100 bands/artists that I will buy anything from, always full albums and will eventually/hopefully have complete sets from. (I won't name names lest it blow any credibility I have )

There are certain artists that I only buy 1 or 2 songs from though. And I enjoy the songs to death. It tends to be random one-off pop songs usually that I associate with a girl or a fond memory or stage in life etc. I do understand picking out a few songs per artist. But I never feel quite satisfied by it. Often I know the rest of the artist's work is crap yet I still wish it wasn't just so I could justify buying it... a nagging feeling. Must be a compulsion, god knows I am a compulsive collector.

I like to appreciate the full spectrum of the artists' work.

I guess there is throw away and quality. Some people like one or the other. I like a mix of 20% trashy pop/80% quality music.

Of the many single songs I purchased though, I do have a truly random, bizarre playlist as a result Nice to listen to sometimes. Certain songs are like candy, you want to leave it on your mind's tongue as long as possible and have another right away.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

I recently (last 2 months or so) was searching on DC to find full albums of my music. Recently (last 2 weeks) I decided I think I'd like to legitimately own the music so I bought 3 albums in the last two weeks from the iTMS. I also grabbed the freebies which kinda bothers me, but I can live with it.

Apple is still giving away free songs, just not every day right? Is it once a week or once a month?