NexTune

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Has anyone tried NexTune 1.0? It looks like a cool program, however, I am still trying to understand just what it is. I see that NexTunes can create playlists. Does that mean it is a replacement for iTunes? I am hoping someone knowledgeable can explain just what NexTune is.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member

Be sure to reduce your volume before loading that page or you'll be treated to the eardrum-shattering squall of Mariah Carey shouting "YOU CAN MAKE IT!" They're probably using the clip illegally too.

For that alone, I now refuse to ever purchase this program.

• Reply 2 of 8
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Note to the author...don't, I repeat DO NOT try to show off your product by using jpegs that contain compression artifacts out the wazoo.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Cheeeeesy. (No offense ginopiazza49, you meant well)

1. I despise websites that directly steal the design of Apple's website (particularly commercial websites selling a product)

2. The GUI on this program is a mish-mash of sloppily placed controls and ugly icons. It is very inconsistent (2 different sets of playback buttons, one of which is just ripped from Quicklime's UI, the other is just fugly)

3. Any potentially good feature (it has a couple that I can see, but I'm leery of them actually working correctly) are totally outweighed by the vast majority of things that iTunes already does that NexTune just apes amateurishly.

I won't be downloading it.

Bonus: Yes the Mariah Carey clip kills it for me. I hate software or web design that does stuff to me. It is user-rape. (Not to make light of real rape). No means no. Don't play music unless I say to. (Same for downloads, new windows, closing windows, purchasing without a final comfirmation screen etc...)
  • Reply 4 of 8
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

System Requirements

MAC OS X 10.2.6 or greater (Including 10.3.3)

who are these jokers
  • Reply 5 of 8
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Go Mariah!
  • Reply 6 of 8
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jambo

Go Mariah!

Ah, Jambo. Some things never change.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ginopiazza49

Has anyone tried NexTune 1.0? It looks like a cool program, however, I am still trying to understand just what it is. I see that NexTunes can create playlists. Does that mean it is a replacement for iTunes? I am hoping someone knowledgeable can explain just what NexTune is.

WTF?????

(forwarding link to apple legal)

aaaahhhh much better now.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    zodiaczodiac Posts: 138member
    Rubbish.