iTMS Coming Soon/View Album

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
On iTMS last night I searched for "99 problems" and it came up in the search results.

Upon clicking the song, a message came up stating "this album will be released on May 11".

Beside the song there was a "view album" button, when clicked it displayed the same message.

This seems to be something new, or at least I've never seen it before.

Try it yourself. Search for "99 problems" and the artist is Jay-Z.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    That album came out last November.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FormatC2

Upon clicking the song, a message came up stating "this album will be released on May 11".

User error.

The message you saw said it will be "in the store" (iTMS) on May 11, not "released".

Being released to real world (brick and mortar stores, i.e., a real, traditional release) is not the same as being released on the iTunes Music Store.

Pretty sure there is always a delay between official release to the rest of the world and it's appearance on iTMS.

"Coming Soon" in iTMS parlance will almost always mean "after it is released elsewhere". At least until artists/publishing companies get more bold and competitive in using iTMS as a marketing tool.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    gsfmarkgsfmark Posts: 210member
    also, when i tried it, they only have 99 problems from "The Black Album A Capella" which is NOT the black album that came out in November. It's the vocals only mix...