nightmare come true

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
just got my 15.2" PowerBook 3 days ago---tricked out the HD to 5400rpm, the ram to 1Gb, and the video to 128mb ... was very very happy with it.

But this morning I woke up & one of my roommates(?) spilled water all over the keyboard while i was sleeping. wtf x 10,000. Now it doesn't turn on. I'm sure it was an accident---i could tell by the pieces of tissue wedged between my keys that someone tried to wipe it up (sloppily @ that). But yeah, definitely feeling ... yeah. No one is admitting to have cause the spill---really pissed, but not being so hostile about it.

Leaving it in sunlight to bake away the water, ... schiess... can't believe it

Comments

• Reply 1 of 57
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    God damn that sucks. SUCKS. I'm sorry to hear it. Make sure you don't try to turn it on till it's nice and dry.
  • Reply 2 of 57
    Dead bodies everywhere!!!
  • Reply 3 of 57
    chaserchaser Posts: 63member
    I would personally seek revenge, possibly by pooring water on their computers... Tell them they were dusty and needed cleaning...
  • Reply 4 of 57
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Personally, I'd just kill your roommates.
  • Reply 5 of 57
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    let it sit for a few days minimum before you try to turn it on. you might still have a chance. in a few days, reset the PMU, see if that helps.

best of luck!
  • Reply 6 of 57
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trailmaster308

Dead bodies everywhere!!!

Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

Personally, I'd just kill your roommates.

I have to agree. Kill them all!

(I really don't know what I'd do if someone spilled water on my computer... It's safe to say that I would just keep punching and punching till there is nothing left to punch.)
  • Reply 7 of 57
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    I would rather killing all (even though there are innocent people) than letting anyone go <--- very evil
  • Reply 8 of 57
    deunandeunan Posts: 106member
    except i dunno who to kill. and killing is bad, folks. :P life isn't isn't just simply a game... and besides. i dunno if i have enough armor & ammo.
  • Reply 9 of 57
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
  • Reply 10 of 57
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    Go to the AppleStore and exclaim it mysteriously stopped working
  • Reply 11 of 57
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    Gasp ! Reading the title I thought it was going to be white spots, or dead pixels or something but this is even worse ! Hope the girl comes back to you man ! Shockingly bad news
  • Reply 12 of 57
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by deunan

except i dunno who to kill. and killing is bad, folks. :P life isn't isn't just simply a game... and besides. i dunno if i have enough armor & ammo.

Corner each one when you are alone and tell each that you know they did it, that you have them on video.

Use your judgment as to who is telling the truth (if they don't confess).

After that I'll teach you how to debone a human with a set of keys.
  • Reply 13 of 57
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    Quote:

life isn't isn't just simply a game...

That's exactly what it is.

Call up the local Apple Store, and tell them that it didn't start up when you got it. That way no matter what, it is covered by warrantee.

- Xidius
  • Reply 14 of 57
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by >_>

Call up the local Apple Store, and tell them that it didn't start up when you got it. That way no matter what, it is covered by warrantee.

- Xidius

i hate to say this, but my friend chris did the same thing way back when he decided to install ram without grounding himself (at least he turned off the power first). the computer would not start up. he called apple tech support, they sent someone out, and he played dumb(ass).

i'm just sayin'
  • Reply 15 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

i hate to say this, but my friend chris did the same thing way back when he decided to install ram without grounding himself (at least he turned off the power first). the computer would not start up. he called apple tech support, they sent someone out, and he played dumb(ass).

i'm just sayin'

Playing dumb is always the wisest first option.

Bob: "What seems to be the problem?"

Jerry : "Well I want to return this jacket and she asked me why and I said for spite and now she won't take it back."

Bob: "That's true. You can't return an item based purely on spite."

Jerry:. "Well, so fine then ..then I don't want it and then that's why I'm returning it"

Bob: "Well you already said 'spite' so......"

Jerry: "But I changed my mind.."

Bob: "No...you said 'spite'...Too late."
  • Reply 16 of 57
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    Quote:

Originally posted by >_>

- Xidius

that's what i did when my friend spilled water on my iPod, i got a nice new one!
  • Reply 17 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by >_>

- Xidius

except i've customized like everything already, hahahaha... they'll open it up & see all my pics & movies... then deny my candyass
  • Reply 18 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

Corner each one when you are alone and tell each that you know they did it, that you have them on video.

Use your judgment as to who is telling the truth (if they don't confess).

After that I'll teach you how to debone a human with a set of keys.

and ok, that was a lie. i do know who did it, but he's a jerk & there's nothing within legal limits that i can really do. lol
  • Reply 19 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by MajorMatt

Go to the AppleStore and exclaim it mysteriously stopped working

no applestores in pittsburgh
  • Reply 20 of 57
    Quote:

and ok, that was a lie. i do know who did it, but he's a jerk & there's nothing within legal limits that i can really do. lol

Does he have a computer?

Many things can happen... 8)