A.I. "fine Liquors" taste's...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I really enjoy a good single malt from time to time. 18 year old McCallen scotch served cool and neat.

Hot summer days go with slushy Margaritas. Just take it easy on the Tequila and use good Tequila!

What about you guys?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 31
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I like some dry white wines, champagne and a warm cognac on a cold winter's evening. I know, I know, I am soooooo pretentious.
  • Reply 2 of 31
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    Four Words:

Kentucky

Straight

Bourbon

Whiskey

Makers Mark, or Very Very Old Fitzgerald - WOW
  • Reply 3 of 31
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
  • Reply 4 of 31
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member

Yes, drink them 6 at a time.

• Reply 5 of 31
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Jameson Irish Whiskey on ice. None smoother. Won't slow ya down.

But for watching a ballgame, a 6 of Belhaven goes nice with my Vietnamese takeout.
  • Reply 6 of 31
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    Makers Mark, Patron, Knob Creek, Jameson's, Kettel One, had a fantastic pint of Guinness today with lunch.
  • Reply 7 of 31
    homhom Posts: 1,098member

With a splash of tonic water.
  • Reply 8 of 31
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    As far as Scotch goes, I like the peaty tasting ones.

My fav:

Otherwise, Guinness = happiness.
  • Reply 9 of 31
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Lagavulin . . . That stuff tastes like cigarette butts. You can open the bottle, and from across the room it's obvious that someone opened a bottle of lagavulin.

Of course, it's strangely alluring.

On a serious note, I don't like wine too much. I stick to a pretty steady system of beer and dark rum during the warmer months, which, of course, will become the whole year for me fairly soon. The Barbados Rums are good. I had a nice Cuban rum once, too. Don't remember the names. Usually, it's just a trek up Mount Gay for me.

dumb puns rule.

As far as beers are concerned, I don't like anything dark. I don't like the taste of ash in a beer, which incidently is what makes most dark beers dark. (roasting process). A good pilsener, on the other hand, is just right.
  • Reply 10 of 31
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    The Macallan 18 yr... hmm. I seem to have a flask of that right here...

Balvenie 21yr port cask aged is a great summer scotch - light and slightly salty with a nice solid touch of sweet port.

The Macallan Cask Strength is one not to be missed if you find it. 80proof? Nay! 117proof! With a flavor intensity to match. Stronger proportionally on the apricot and wood.

Grey Goose vodka in my gimlet please, Maker's Mark if I'm slummin' with da mint leaves, Casadores tequila hands down for that slidin' south of the table feeling, and Bendistillery gin for all your woodland scented drink needs.
  • Reply 11 of 31
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member

mmmmmm

Quote:

Spirits Expert F. Paul Pacult (from The Spirit Journal) rated Herradura Anejo as the second best white spirit that he tasted from 1991-2000 (second only to Barbancourt Estate Reserve 15 Year Old Rum from Haiti).

• Reply 12 of 31
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    And yet strangely I prefer the Casadores to Herradura. Herra's *good* mind you... damned good. But it's definitely on the smokey side. Perhaps this spirits expert was a Lagavulin fan? The Casadores is sipping tequila, straight up. Light yet layered, with a mild aftertaste and smooth as silk on a geisha's backside.
  • Reply 13 of 31
    hardheadhardhead Posts: 644member

Keep'em coming!
  • Reply 14 of 31
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Not fine liquors per se, but I should add that I enjoy a good pilsner as well now and then, especially some of the Czech beer I had over there. I love beer with fish and chips especially.
  • Reply 15 of 31
    buckeyebuckeye Posts: 358member

mmmm....... 2 different barrels.
  • Reply 16 of 31
    inactionmaninactionman Posts: 618member
    Hill's Absinthe
  • Reply 17 of 31
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Spring and Summer,, Hoegaarden

All other times Chimay Grand Reserve

Fellows
  • Reply 18 of 31
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Works every time. When I was in college... our campus was located in the outskirts of the hood. But lucky for us we had the Shell station that served the ghetto.... so they stocked Colt 45 Double Malt. Good shit... but last time I had it, I started crying half way through the 40oz for no reason. But, yeah.... it was good.
  • Reply 19 of 31
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member

Grew up 20 miles south of the distillery; my drink of choice before I had to quit.

Here's a tip: if you drink this shit all the damn time it ends up being much less pleasurable....
  • Reply 20 of 31
    709709 Posts: 2,016member

Nectar of The Gods.