Syrup chugging (non sequitur)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Some of you may have seen the movie "Super Troopers." Anyway, if you haven't, go pick it up at the rental place. Highly recommended.

There's a scene early in the movie where some of the highway cops are chugging syrup as part of a race. . . straight from the cheap plastic bottle. Anyway, being the beer-chugging champion of the immediate region, I was quick to accept a bet over a 24oz syrup chug.

Oh man. . . serious stuff. But I dominated the chug. . . about 6 secs, which is about as fast as syrup can come out of the container. Jihad.

I have 3 more weeks of college.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    They were using maple syrup in the movie right? maple syrup pours a lot quicker than regular syrup.

That was a funny movie. "good thing they're not chugging ketchup"
  • Reply 2 of 10
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Real maple syrup pours fast. The stuff that's half corn syrup and half flavored water and costs $1.99 is a little thicker. . .

So we went with the cheap stuff.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Real maple syrup pours fast. The stuff that's half corn syrup and half flavored water and costs $1.99 is a little thicker. . .

So we went with the cheap stuff.

I thought you meant cough syrup. <--- disturbing thought.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    no. \
  • Reply 5 of 10
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    A few friends of mine have done that, I never had the pleasure of partatking in it, but maybe someday.

I've seen it so many times, and I've seen people lose it too. Seems like it's not all that easy, but I guess Splinemodel is the exception.

Nice work on the chug bro
  • Reply 6 of 10
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Now you just have to do the gallon of milk in an hour.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    kneelbeforezodkneelbeforezod Posts: 1,120member
    As I was reading this post, I was thinking to myself "why would anyone want to drink 24oz of syrup?"

Then I got to this part...

Quote:

I have 3 more weeks of college.

So, have you tried seeing who can snort the most vodka yet?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    try an entire bottle of NyQuil. let me know how that goes.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    I'll give you some syrup to chug.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

So, have you tried seeing who can snort the most vodka yet?

That's painful, but I have the advantage there for one strange reason: when I get sinus infections I "nasally irrigate" with watered down vodka.

One of the other fun things to do is "The rice bowl challenge." Hands behind the back, on your knees. . . the person who can suck the beer out of the bowl fastest wins.

I tried a red-wine chug (one 12oz cup) a week ago. . . that was pretty painful itself. Not too bad, but bad enough that I won't do it again under normal circumstances. Took the same 1, 1.5secs as a beer chug does, but a little sting on the throat.

As far as NyQuill is concerned, as Lewis Black has said: "I was there when NyQuill came out. I drank a whole bottle, woke up in Maryland 3 days later getting a divorce to a woman I had never met."

Bad idea. Especially when you can just drink Jagermeister, and it tastes just the same!