Recording with iPod

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have a 3rd generation 40 gig iPod. Is there anyway, using a stereo to 8th inch wire, that I can plug the stereo jack into my stereo and the 8th inch jack into my iPod and record what is on the radio for longer than 6 seconds (You know, using the diagnostic mode j. record).

I am experimenting with this so that ultimately when my band plays we can plug my iPod into the sound board and record the show. Has anyone tried this yet? Is it even possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Brian

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Even if it could be done, there are a lot easier and much better ways to do direct soundboard recordings. Again, even if it could be done you'd kill the HD in that iPod doing that much recording at that high of a bitrate too.

If you need advice on sound and recording equipment (I'm pretty savvy when it comes to that stuff) drop me a PM or an e mail.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    mastermanmasterman Posts: 47member
    is there a way to sync garage band w/ ipod?
  • Reply 3 of 5
  • Reply 4 of 5
    dcmac32dcmac32 Posts: 67member
    Do you mean, can you put the songs you make in GarageBand in your iPod? If so, then yes. All you have to do is go to File > Export to iTunes. When you do this GarageBand will create a playlist in iTunes called 'Username's Playlist' where the username is your own. THen just sync your iPod to your iTunes and you'll have it on there. Hope that helps.

Brian
  • Reply 5 of 5
    thanks...thats what i meant.