Prom 2004-Messiahtosh's Experience

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
First, here we are.

5:30...We took pictures at my house, then drove to her house to do the same.

5:45...At her house, we met up with 2 couples and then drove to the restaurant for dinner. We made reservations at a place about 20 miles away, called the Gamle Mill. I think her parents were ok with me. haha

6:30...At the restaurant we all had a great time but getting there was just as fun. We drank Bacardi O in the car the whole way (minus the driver) and got out of the car a little tipsy. We all shared a cigarette before we went in for dinner (even though I'm not a smoker, wtf it's prom) and then we all took our date arm in arm, to make our entrance. haha

Dinner-We all thought it was funny that such a nice restaurant would have these bizarre artworks on the wall, there were like fingerpaintings and kindergarten material things lining the walls...whatever. Amanda (one of the other girls in the group) let out an enormous belch at the end of dinner, everyone within earshot was horrified and silenced, LOL.

More later...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 93
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    "Hey, Chris, have you got the digital interweb calibration settings on this here camera corrected properly? How do I work this thing? *SNAP* Okay, this one looks pretty good there... hey, where'd it go!? By golly... well you kids are late, better get going, hopefully the one picture I took turned out."

I can just see your father/uncle/grandfather/well meaning but technologically hopeless older male relative doing something like this around then.

Despite the blurriness, you both look pretty good. Hope you had a good time. My little brother went with his girlfriend last night also... they're so funny! My brother is just under 16, and his girlfriend has been 17 for a few months... she begged him to go and he grudgingly went along with it, and then they got into an argument about whether they would go to the grand march or not... it's just funny because they act like a married couple sometimes.

I didn't go to the prom by the way. I wasn't really into that sort of thing plus I didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars on it.
  • Reply 2 of 93
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Chris, you almost look like you don't want to be there, but were forced into taking her. She looks none-too-happy about the arrangement, either.
  • Reply 3 of 93
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Well, we may look uncomfortable or something, but it was a strange situation. She had never met my parents and we were in a rush. I didnt smile too much, and neither did she, we were a little pressured.

We got better photos at her house, hopefully!

We had a great time though...totally awesome.

More pics

She actually told me she doesnt like to "teeth smile" and instead goes for the pouty lips look.8)
  • Reply 4 of 93
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    i'm not a "teeth smiler" either, hook me up! just kidding, besides i'm too old
  • Reply 5 of 93
    Ah May Ball night... (we call it May Ball in posh circles over here)

Btw. Does your date know that you've got pictures of her up on the internet?

Don't imagine she'd like it much
  • Reply 6 of 93
    Quote:

Originally posted by SonOfSylvanus

Ah May Ball night... (we call it May Ball in posh circles over here)

Btw. Does your date know that you've got pictures of her up on the internet?

Don't imagine she'd like it much

She would not care at all.
  • Reply 7 of 93
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Hey Chris!

Yay! I'm SO glad things went well. You both look wonderful. Her dress is fantastic - very slinky - heh.

And you 'have' put on a pound or two since the last pictures I saw. I'm glad. You looked too thin before, I thought. Now, you don't look like a teenager anymore. You look like a 'man'. (...being the ambivalent person that I am, I do kinda miss 'the teenager', though. )

Plus, it's nice to see you with a smile. You looked so 'brooding' in the other pictures.

Did Amanda belch on purpose? What could she have been thinking, to do such a thing. Was she trying to be funny? Oh well. How did her date react? I'd LOVE to know.

Yes. Please tell us more.

Carol

PS - did you have a hangover?
  • Reply 8 of 93
    I think you both look very handsome together. You've nothing to worry about in the hair department, if you ask me, and I'm glad you took my advice and went down the restaurant and alcohol route. Good going. Proud of ya.
  • Reply 9 of 93
    And if this

is the restaurant you went to then I expect you'll be married before too long.
  • Reply 10 of 93
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

I think you both look very handsome together. You've nothing to worry about in the hair department, if you ask me, and I'm glad you took my advice and went down the restaurant and alcohol route. Good going. Proud of ya.

So, Hassan, just what did you tell him, regarding the 'restaurant and alcohol route'?

Pardon my curiosity, but I simply 'must' know. heh

I feel like Chris's older sister. (He needs a sister, with all those brothers! )
  • Reply 11 of 93
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carol A

So, Hassan, just what did you tell him, regarding the 'restaurant and alcohol route'? Pardon my curiosity, but I simply 'must' know. heh

Very simple.

First date?

The very best restaurant you can afford and a lot of alcohol.
  • Reply 12 of 93
    Quote:

Very simple.

First date?

The very best restaurant you can afford and a lot of alcohol.

So, is that your plan to "get results"?

Just wondering.
  • Reply 13 of 93
  • Reply 14 of 93
    Quote:

And if this

is the restaurant you went to then I expect you'll be married before too long.

That's the one!

http://www.gamblemill.com/
  • Reply 15 of 93
    hassan i sabbahhassan i sabbah Posts: 3,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carol A

So, is that your plan to "get results"?

Just wondering.

There's no substitute for charisma, wit and good looks, and it depends on the company and the events of the day, but yes. Eating good food you may as well be naked. Drink a lot and you probably will be within a few hours.

Joking.

• Reply 16 of 93
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Dude-- no prom pictures in front of your Mac? What's wrong with you?
  • Reply 17 of 93
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    That restaurant looks uncomfortable.

Nice tux Messiahtosh. I believe your date is wearing the wrong shoes for that dress.
  • Reply 18 of 93
    Thanks man, as for her shoes...they hurt her feet so much by the end of the night, that I carried her all the way out from the ballroom and to her car. Pretty romantic if you ask me, haha.

I can't stop thinking about her, yikes.
  • Reply 19 of 93
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    before making any decisions 'tosh, take a week to let the immediacy of last night subside...
  • Reply 20 of 93
    Quote:

Originally posted by billybobsky

before making any decisions 'tosh, take a week to let the immediacy of last night subside...

I know what I feel and I know what i have to do about it. I'm Rick James biiitch!