iTunes and Digital cameras that take movies.

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hello,

Does anyone know how iTunes or any Apple program can import movies from Digital Cameras that capture movies?

What is the best software for offloading the movies?

-Thanks,

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Image Capture can copy all the photos and movies to a folder. You can set the folder preferences to Display large icon previews. That is what I do.

Well, I also use iView Multimedia pro demo for OS9. One of the few programs worth keeping OS9 around for.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by geobe

Hello,

Does anyone know how iTunes or any Apple program can import movies from Digital Cameras that capture movies?

What is the best software for offloading the movies?

-Thanks,

The movies are probably just .mov files. You can copy them directly from the memory cards via the finder. iTunes has nothing to do with it.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    iPhoto for pics, iMovie for video. Imagine that.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

iPhoto for pics, iMovie for video. Imagine that.

I'm pretty sure that iMovie doesn't work with digital cameras. I think it has to be a firewire connection.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

I'm pretty sure that iMovie doesn't work with digital cameras. I think it has to be a firewire connection.

Yep. iMovie imports Mini DV streams via FireWire. Only Digital Camcorders, in other words.

The correct answer, as already posted, is Image Capture (or copying the files if the memory card mounts in the Finder as a disk).