Really Cool Research Project at UMich (iTunes-related)

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
So I've been looking through the U of M EECS departemnt website looking for some research for the summer (not easy if you're an undergrad ), and I came across this really cool-looking project called The Musen Project. It's basically where music and engineering meet. One of their projects is called VocalSearch. Basically, it's an iTunes script where you sing in a song, and it'll run some crazy DSP and search algorithms (which I assume they helped develop), and it creates a playlist of likely matches, sorted by rank. Check out the demo video here.

Now I just have to e-mail these people and see if they (or anybody else on campus) will let me help....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I don't even want to imagine what would happen if I hummed a tune
  • Reply 2 of 5
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    What's your background and what type of summer research are you looking for? My department hires at UofM.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    noleli2noleli2 Posts: 129member
    I'm EE (comm/wireless comm), and I'll be starting my third year in the fall. I'm looking for some sort of EE research, preferably in either of those two fields, but doesn't have to be.

What department are you in? Let me know if you want me to PM you more info. Thanks.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    They need to call it "Project W. Hung"
  • Reply 5 of 5
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    That is very cool, too bad(as others have alluded to) most people can't sing. \