Next Generation Gameboy Announced!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Looks really neat!

If you read the following article you'll notice this guy has never been to a Macworld Keynote, he's amazed at the enthusiastic response by the assembled journos.

http://www.fatmangames.com/News/News...sp?newsid=1213

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    interesting, but what does this have to do with Apple?
  • Reply 2 of 11
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Heh. Oooold school...looks just like the old two-screen Nintendo handhelds.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    thunderpoitthunderpoit Posts: 709member
    shhh!, youre not supposed to notice!!
  • Reply 4 of 11
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    Remember how the original LCD G&W handhelds had unique colour cases for each game (dual screen and single screen)? Parachute was brown, Octopus was red, Fire was blue, Donkey Kong was orange, Turtle Island was white, etc etc... ah, those were the days
  • Reply 5 of 11
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Moving to General Discussion...
  • Reply 6 of 11
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    i'm more excited about the new metroid and zelda games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wooo hoooo!

and just when i was gonna get a GBA SP too...aww.

oh well, now i'll have to get the DS!
  • Reply 7 of 11
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    O.O

You know.. Square just announced a new Final Fantasy VII game. "Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis."

And they said it would be released on a portable platform. (I personally figured either GBA or *shudder* cell phones.)

But this makes perfect sense.

Oh how I want one of these now.

- Xidius
  • Reply 8 of 11
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    I wasn't really all that excited about it until I saw this picture:

The graphics look great! I think, it's a bit blurry.

I like the map in the top screen. I wasn't quite sure about the dual screen, but now I like it. Anyone know of an estimated price?

Also, I haven't seen a direct comparison of specs between this and the PSP. Anyone know this? Is the screen larger on the PSP? I saw a video on Headline News of it and it looked amazing.

Edit: Here's some hi-rez images of the PSP: http://www.ferrago.com/image/3562/4

And a real world image of it: http://volcano.photobucket.com/album...album2/ps2.jpg

The screen looks huge.

I may just have to get one of each.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    strawberrystrawberry Posts: 181member
    I'm going to go for the nintendo over the PSP, at least initially - can you imagine the battery life on that? It'll be like the Atari Lynx all over again, though the playstation name is a licence to print money. Anyhoo as I was saying, I'll be getting the ninty machine because it's a lot more interesting concept, plus it's backward compatible with ALL previous Gameboys (theres still a use for that original Tetris cart ) PLUS the wireless multiplayer/chat thing.

Ooh, and Metal Slug Advance just announced too *drool*
  • Reply 10 of 11
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Heh. Oooold school...looks just like the old two-screen Nintendo handhelds.

Bomb Sweeper. . . I used to have that one. It was killer.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Strawberry

I'm going to go for the nintendo over the PSP, at least initially - can you imagine the battery life on that? It'll be like the Atari Lynx all over again, though the playstation name is a licence to print money. Anyhoo as I was saying, I'll be getting the ninty machine because it's a lot more interesting concept, plus it's backward compatible with ALL previous Gameboys (theres still a use for that original Tetris cart ) PLUS the wireless multiplayer/chat thing.

Ooh, and Metal Slug Advance just announced too *drool*

Wifi sucks power like a bitch, so since you're so concerned about battery life, I assume you won't be using it.

~2.5W for wifi to transmit or receive. That doesn't sound like a lot, but when you're talking about small batteries, it is.