Another Hot Summer (and I'm sweating!)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
You know it's going to be annoyingly hot as always. I am most annoyed probably because I am a chronic sweater. I will sweat in the winter when it's 30 degrees outside. It can be 65 inside and I'll be sweating. So a day like today when it's 86 outside, my thick blood just does not do.

I get out of school, and the sun has been warming up the parking lot all day, so I almost have a heat stroke. Then I get into the car, and DO have a heat stroke. By the time I get home, and jump in the pot, it's like a slip and slide...but it works out well as time to let my boxers dry out a little.

Worst of all, our heat pump (AC) is broken, so it'll be two weeks before we can get decent air conditioning.

Anyone else a chronic sweater here?

</end rant>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I'm so cool I don't break a sweat in the 90ºF weather we've been having 8)
  • Reply 2 of 17
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    You should see me after an hour of manual labor in the sun, I look like I was in a pool.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    i was sweating in my airconditioned lab today....

granted the humidity in lab is often worse than it is outside....
  • Reply 4 of 17
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Yeah, the humidity has struck early in Chicago this year. Not too hot, only about 82 today, but the humidity was up around 100%, ouch.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    My skin remains quite dry when it's an AZ weather and 112 F, so I guess I don't qualify as a sweater.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    No, that just means that it evaporates and cools you off *like it's supposed to*.

DAMN I hate humidity. Totally makes sweating worthless.

Of course, I've got a busted thermostat, so I tend not to sweat *anyway*. (Heat stroke when I was 9 years old - I have real problems regulating my temperature when it gets hot now... and in humidity? Fuggeddaboudit. So of course I'm in central NC. :P)
  • Reply 7 of 17
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    I sweat like a pig from even mild exertion. It's really irritating. I need moving air on me pretty much at all times to be comfortable.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I swear sweating doesn't work, it's just something my body likes to do for fun. At least it wasn't as humid today, but it'll be up in the 90's by the end of the week I believe.

We do get air though, not being in a city and all. Only the computer rooms in my school are air conditioned.

Where is powerdoc, there has to be a drug I can get prescribed to stop me from sweating...or at least keep my cool
  • Reply 9 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

I swear sweating doesn't work, it's just something my body likes to do for fun. At least it wasn't as humid today, but it'll be up in the 90's by the end of the week I believe.

We do get air though, not being in a city and all. Only the computer rooms in my school are air conditioned.

Where is powerdoc, there has to be a drug I can get prescribed to stop me from sweating...or at least keep my cool

I've had some success with a full body paraffin dip....
  • Reply 10 of 17
    vandewaalsvandewaals Posts: 450member
    This is why I can't live without my little AC unit in the window. I'm a big guy and I inherited my dad's propensity to sweat like an SOB at the slightest bump in temperature. It sucks.

My entire summer usually consists of seeking out somewhere with AC. Bleh.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    This is why I prefer cold weather.

You can always put more clothes *on*... but in the heat, once you're naked, that's it.

Not to say that isn't *fun*, but...
  • Reply 12 of 17
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    have there been any scientific advances to cut down on sweating? i hate it, my pits get brutal. if i have a job interview, im done. sitting on a hot bus, there is some serious swass and swalls build up. (i hope someone on here understands those terms) Im with Kickaha, i dont wear pants unless i leave the house and only wear a shirt in the winter. it really makes it hard to pick up girls if u are sweating like a pig, especially when your friends are nice enough to point it out... bloody embarrassing!
  • Reply 13 of 17
    I grew up in Alabama, and got acclimated to the heat there.

Then I moved to the Bay Area, and thought it was cold all the time.

Now, when it gets to be over about 70 I start sweating and complaining. I love it when the fog comes in.

God help me if I ever have to live anywhere where it actually gets hot.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    so i should move to a city where the temp stays fairly moderate? u think its the extreme, going from bitter cold to damn hot?
  • Reply 15 of 17
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    yeah, sweat even in the AC'ed schools, and my friggin antiperspirant doesn't work worth a damn, the deodorant part does, that's good, but i'm finding myself wearing darker clothes so there's no visible stain on them.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    i like the second-story apartment when it is hot outside. i pretty much spend my life wearing just shorts this time of year. i like it a lot though, it reminds me of my 2nd floor bedroom growing up.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:

You know it's going to be annoyingly hot as always. I am most annoyed probably because I am a chronic sweater. I will sweat in the winter when it's 30 degrees outside. It can be 65 inside and I'll be sweating. So a day like today when it's 86 outside, my thick blood just does not do.

I get out of school, and the sun has been warming up the parking lot all day, so I almost have a heat stroke. Then I get into the car, and DO have a heat stroke. By the time I get home, and jump in the pot, it's like a slip and slide...but it works out well as time to let my boxers dry out a little.

Worst of all, our heat pump (AC) is broken, so it'll be two weeks before we can get decent air conditioning.

Anyone else a chronic sweater here?

</end rant>

I hear you man. I just can't take heat. I'm exactly like you. I can take extreme cold...I go around in a tshirt in the winter in Vermont. I like being cold.

Imagine how much it's going to suck in Texas this year! Too bad for the po' folks w/o AC huh...